Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FYI re Performance Products/Automotion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
FYI - I just got this from PP/A - so if you're a CA resident buying there, it's now 9.75% cheaper! It may be the same for the other 49 unless your state has sales tax for online, since they're now in FL & owned by Ecklers.

<snip>
Dear California Customer,

Eckler's wanted to contact you to inform you of a change that is occurring on your orders starting this month. Due to a change in one of our corporate locations, Eckler's will no longer be required to collect California state sales tax, effective July 1st. With this change, you will no longer see a sales tax charge on any of your orders from Eckler's.

Other than not having to collect California sales tax, nothing else will be changing - Eckler's remains the leader in restoration parts and accessories for Corvette, Chevy's, Porsche and Mercedes, with the broadest selection of products and best technical support in the industry. Visit our new, improved web sites today to shop for all your automotive needs.

Sincerely,

Matt D. Jordan
CEO
<end snip>
Tom_T
And before you ask Mike & Tod & Pat, etc. - NO they do NOT carry "914 S" badges! biggrin.gif

Gotcha! shades.gif
ericread
My thanks for posting that. I received the email and didn't have a clue who "Eckler's" were.

Now I get it.

beerchug.gif

Eric
Alljackedup408
Yep, we no longer charge sales tax in FL, its made alot of people happy!
Tom_T
QUOTE(Alljackedup408 @ Jul 13 2010, 09:00 PM) *

Yep, we no longer charge sales tax in FL, its made alot of people happy!

welcome.png

Yeah, I could've saved $500+ on what I purchased from you guys last year alone! sad.gif

Just watch Congress, as I just read today that they've got a bill under consideration right now to reverse that old court ruling, which would allow states to require sales tax be charged for all online transactions. If it passes, then there'll no place to hide. dry.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Purchasers in California are "required" to report online, telephone, and mail order purchases to the Board of Equalization and pay the appropriate sales taxes. You DO fulfill the requirements of that law, right?

The Cap'n
URY914
9.75% !?! Shit!

And what is the return on this.....
patssle
Jeebus. 9.75% plus state income tax.

No wonder all you Cali's are moving to Texas. 8.25% and no state income tax. Plus most on-line retailers aren't located in Texas - thus 0% state tax rate.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 14 2010, 07:49 AM) *

Purchasers in California are "required" to report online, telephone, and mail order purchases to the Board of Equalization and pay the appropriate sales taxes. You DO fulfill the requirements of that law, right?

The Cap'n

Cap'n - all those purchases which I noted were made while they still had a presence in Burbank. So PP still charged the sales tax then for LA County. That reporting is only where sales taxes weren't included in the transactions (i.e.: not all transactions).

Even with "self-reporting" it goes by your "home" county & city - which is "only" 8.75% in Orange County, & IIRC the lowest in the state or something like 8-8.25%. Also IIRC some of the Bay Area Cities have 10.25% with their local transportation tax add-ons.

IIRC all 50 states except AK & AR have state budget deficits now, so more states will be looking for ways to raise revenues.

That is why I posted that warning about the bill currently in Congress, & pending passage by both Houses & signed by the Pres. - it would then make all states' sales taxes applicable for online purchases thereafter (not sure if it will go by the buyers' residence state or the sellers' state - probably the former).

Years ago I had a CA Seller's Permit, & the sales taxes were a real PITA just in CA for a small business, so I cannot imagine how complex this will be for online vendors - esp. the quarterly reporting to all 30-40+/- states with a sales tax (currently less than 50, but not sure if many more will add it after passage).

patssle - IIRC, TX is one with a deficit, so watch out! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.