Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Slantnose Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Autocanoe
I'm looking at buying a car that comes with a new slantnose kit that I am not interested in. It's new in box. Anybody interested? Any ideas what it's worth? Don't know much about these things so let me know if there's anything essential that I should look for.

Thanks guys!!

Autocanoe/John
SirAndy
QUOTE(Autocanoe @ Jul 2 2010, 01:22 PM) *
I'm looking at buying a car that comes with a new slantnose kit that I am not interested in. It's new in box. Anybody interested? Any ideas what it's worth? Don't know much about these things so let me know if there's anything essential that I should look for.

No idea on the value. Not a lot of people like those kits ...

Post some pictures!

welcome.png Andy
Mark Henry
If you get offered $500 for it... don't think... grab it and run. Fast!

IMHO barf.gif

Autocanoe
Yah, kinda what I figured. I'll post pictures as soon as I have 'em.

John
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 2 2010, 01:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Autocanoe @ Jul 2 2010, 01:22 PM) *

No idea on the value. Not a lot of people like those kits ...

Post some pictures!

welcome.png Andy

agree.gif agree.gif

There's only a few tasteful 914 mods I've seen, mainly because if you love the original shape, its tough to improve it...
markb
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 2 2010, 01:48 PM) *

If you get offered $500 for it... don't think... grab it and run. Fast!

IMHO barf.gif

agree.gif
RiqueMar
Just to clarify, are we talking about the Slantnose kit, or the Chalon kit?
nsr-jamie
Pictures??
Autocanoe
Slantnose kit. Pics as soon as I get 'em.
spare time toys
I paid $200 for the one I got couple of years back. That came with the big whale tail and the guy hauled it from out east to TX on his way out west for a race.
kerensky
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jul 6 2010, 01:50 PM) *

Just to clarify, are we talking about the Slantnose kit, or the Chalon kit?

I kinda have a soft spot for the Chalon kit. I don't think I'd do one unless I ended up restoring a basket case second 914 or something, and it's kind of a dated look now, but it's always struck me as what the 914 might've looked like had it survived to be restyled with the 911SC...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.