Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Come on down to the July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Saturday July 17th 9am to noonish! A chance to sit around with the guys and lie about how well we will do at Sunday's Sacramento Valley Region Autocross in Stockton. Be there and see the gang!!!

9045 Fair Oaks Blvd. At the corner of Fair Oaks and San Juan...
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Who will be there? Will Randy finally make that multi-colored thing roll? Will the Contra Costa gang storm the River Road? Will the Weidman boys drive on down from Oroville? Come and see at the July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion...
biosurfer1
I believe I can make that..though I won't have a job so someone will have to buy my donuts!

biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
Car is fixed! I can make it... How about it Lennie? John?

Click to view attachment
Lennies914
I'm in. I'd like some info on the autoX sunday also. I've never seen one and would like to attend that as well.
Today I'm doing an oil change and installing intake manifold insulators and I'm ready to roll driving.gif
Biosurfer, the first donuts on me beer.gif
jeeperjohn56
I have no plans, should be able to go, but I'm not leading, to much post-2-1117899824.gif happens to me I'll be in the back of the line. John
Lennies914
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Jul 3 2010, 09:03 AM) *

I have no plans, should be able to go, but I'm not leading, to much post-2-1117899824.gif happens to me I'll be in the back of the line. John

John, without you leading the way home last weekend, clearing the road for me, I managed to kill two butterflies. happy11.gif
ConeDodger
The autocross is Sunday the 18th at the San Joaquin County Fairgrounds. I think the first car out is around 9am but you need to be there earlier to be teched and registered. $30 or $35 bucks is the cost. Usually, food is available either as a BBQ or they bring in sandwiches at a nominal cost. I will find out exactly what the poop on this is...

Brett, how long are you unemployed for??? Is your new job starting soon?
biosurfer1
I start the 26th. I was going to take a couple weeks off and do some of the projects I've been putting off, but they wanted me to start earlier, so I obliged...after they gave me everything I asked for:)
jimtab
Sacto in July??? Sorry, I don't travel there w/o a/c during the "inclement months." Have a lovely bake tho......
ConeDodger

Jim has a point! If you're Scottish, don't risk coming out in the sunshine. Genetically, you can only handle severe cloud cover! But if someone has an umbrella and one of the those cutsie little water spraying fans - drop by Tabor's house and pick him up!!! The July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is coming up!!!

Too bad... I was trying to draw Tabor out with the green cars and such...
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Hey donut heads! The July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is less than two weeks away! Are you ready? The Contra Costa gang are already revving their engines. What about the Weidman boys? I hear Mr. Biosurfer will be there. What about the elusive Justin (don't try to say it) P? I have been trying to coax the reclusive Lafluer out of Rocklin for a few hours if his engine will behave. Maybe Webster will join him? A couple other locals have no excuses not to show either... Let's get together!
ConeDodger

We're getting close! Time to polish them up and clean the bugs off the windshield! The July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is coming up quick!
Andyrew
Im about 90% on this one.

I also REALLY want to take the CRX on its first autox that sunday as well....
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 6 2010, 10:09 AM) *

Im about 90% on this one.

I also REALLY want to take the CRX on its first autox that sunday as well....

Bring your girl. I'm bringing mine! That way they can talk about 914 stuff, while we talk about shopping...
porschecb
I will try! I f I can get up off the floor from drinking the night before. Rob knows why.

Michael
ConeDodger
It will be good to see you out and about Michael. Is that car painted yet? I spent the day doing tedious restoration on the 240Z. I restored two steering wheels to original (I will sell one), I took apart one side of the seat mechanisms and took it apart - bead blasted and repainted everything then put it back together. I had quite a sense of accomplishment until I realized I had three more sides to do and it had taken hours... God I love these cars!
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(jimtab @ Jul 4 2010, 05:29 AM) *

Sacto in July??? Sorry, I don't travel there w/o a/c during the "inclement months." Have a lovely bake tho......

Take off that silly little skirt and MAN UP.
porschecb
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 6 2010, 07:52 PM) *

It will be good to see you out and about Michael. Is that car painted yet? I spent the day doing tedious restoration on the 240Z. I restored two steering wheels to original (I will sell one), I took apart one side of the seat mechanisms and took it apart - bead blasted and repainted everything then put it back together. I had quite a sense of accomplishment until I realized I had three more sides to do and it had taken hours... God I love these cars!

No the car is not painted yet. No money, nor will there ever be. Glad your cars are coming along.

Thank you for the kind words.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jul 6 2010, 08:26 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 6 2010, 07:52 PM) *

No the car is not painted yet. No money, nor will there ever be. Glad your cars are coming along.

Thank you for the kind words.

I have a spray gun. Let's get the boys together and squirt that sucker!!!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Just 10 days and a wake up till the July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion. Sounds like we will have a great group of people and cars. See you there in the heart of the hot! The July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion!
ConeDodger

A week and a day till the July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Get a shine on that car and make your plans to be there... Should be bright sunshine as usual in NorCal so wear sunscreen and take your top off...
raw1298
I will be working, so you can split a maple bar in my honor. smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(raw1298 @ Jul 9 2010, 05:30 PM) *

I will be working, so you can split a maple bar in my honor. smile.gif

Sneak out the back and bring us some of them vegetables you are working with!!!
Lennies914
Lets do it! I've painted several vehicles, mostly RV's though. beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jul 9 2010, 08:55 PM) *

Lets do it! I've painted several vehicles, mostly RV's though. beerchug.gif

It's driveway paintbooth time!!! Michael be sure to bring the car so we can see it... The July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is just a week away!!!
ConeDodger

Less than a week until the July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Time to get your donut on and see the guys. Later, we can drive out to Mather and see the SCCA boys and girls tear it up at their SoloII event. See you Saturday the 17th at Family Donuts and Deli - Fair Oaks Blvd. and San Juan Avenue 9am to noonish.
ConeDodger

Five days and a wake up till the July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion. Be there!!!
ConeDodger

Who will be at the July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion? You never know... We get people from Oroville - Contra Costa - San Joaquin - Stanislaus and sometimes even Sacramento! Will you be there? biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Just three days till the July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion. Sounds like we will have a great turnout. We might even get Michael to come to the East-end of Carmichael. See you there! Right after the event, I plan on going out to Mather to watch some friends autocross... Donut chompers are welcome to come along!!!
ConeDodger

It's a good thing the July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is the day after tomorrow! I'm running out of green Porsche pictures!!! lol-2.gif
mtndawg
I'll be there.
Cambo
Is this open to everyone? I was thinking of "limping" the new teener down there. It's only 30 miles or so and mostly downhill....
ConeDodger
I can only think of two people who aren't welcome and you aren't either of them so come on down!!! biggrin.gif
Cambo
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 15 2010, 07:42 PM) *

I can only think of two people who aren't welcome and you aren't either of them so come on down!!! biggrin.gif

That's funny. I'd love to have some of you teener gurus to look over my new toy..tell me how much trouble I've gotten myself into.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cambo @ Jul 15 2010, 06:44 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 15 2010, 07:42 PM) *

That's funny. I'd love to have some of you teener gurus to look over my new toy..tell me how much trouble I've gotten myself into.

Hmmm... Not sure how many of us will qualify as gurus but we'd love the company. McMark is a guru and he will be at Dog Days. Al and Harvey Weidman are experts in areas of the 914 and probably the closest to guru status we have. Not sure if they will be there though.
Mike Bellis
I'm meeting Lennie and the gang (i hope) in the mooring. We will see you there at 9:14am
ConeDodger
Cool! Contra Costa represents!!!
ConeDodger

Not much to say except see you in the morning at the July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion!
mtndawg
icon_bump.gif
biosurfer1
justin and i will be there for a while before heading to Mather to watch some AX
Lennies914
Just washed the car and I'm ready to cruise river road (with jeeperjohn in the lead of coarse happy11.gif ).
It's going to be a HOT ride home though.
al weidman
I told my wife if I could go, I'm in. bye1.gif

ConeDodger

It's on!!!

See you in less than two hours at the July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion!!!

Audrina, drop the flag!!!
Andyrew
Sorry I missed you guys!!!

GF woke up to go with her friends to 6 flags ( I declined in preference to donuts), were going to take a friends car that she just bought (I looked at it a couple days ago and told her X and X were wrong and to take them to a shop the next day[it was late and I couldnt get the parts]) she said that the brakes were making noise, I drove it told them they werent taking that car and that I would fix it, (should have been a 30 minute fix, the plastic slider holders on the single piston calipers were worn pretty good when I looked at it, one of the issues that I had mentioned, however one of them was completely gone and causing the knocking) So they headed off in my GF's saturn. So I went, got the parts for 10 bucks (new bolts and plastic pieces), installed it to the point of putting the last bolt in, and it wouldnt tighten. Damn caliper carrier bolt was stripped... And so went a 5 hour journey of 7 trips to different stores to finally heliarch/permathread the one stupid bolt..

Anyways..

NEXT TIME!!!!
ConeDodger
Quite a turnout for the July Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion... 7 or 8 914's, 1 356, 1 911, 1 Boxster, 2 Corvettes, and even the Italians were represented with an '88 Alfa Graduate.

We baked in the sun while looking over the cars and finally drove over to the Mather SCCA SOLO II event to see some of the cars. I think Lennie even stuck it out to see some of the action.

Here are the pics - enjoy!
ConeDodger
How about some 914's?
ConeDodger
More 914's...
ConeDodger
Oh? You want more???
ConeDodger
There was so much yellow in this first shot, my camera almost wouldn't focus at all!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.