Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone in Napa area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lennies914
I found this on CL this morning in case anyone was in the area and wanted to check it out. Never know, it could be a treasure.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/gms/1822666144.html
ConeDodger
McMark lives in Napa but he was up early this morning responding to me on Facebook so I would bet he is already in Sonoma at his shop.
Nürburg Nomad
Looks interesting... let us know how it goes. Funny how the 914 is just a footnote on that garage sale list! ohmy.gif
McMark
I'll go check it out.
DBCooper
QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Jul 3 2010, 09:09 AM) *

Looks interesting... let us know how it goes. Funny how the 914 is just a footnote on that garage sale list! ohmy.gif

Almost certainly means it was the wife who made the list and placed the ad. Hope hubby knows his years-long project is in play. biggrin.gif
Cambo
It's a restored 914-6 with a dead battery. I bought it for $200
underthetire
QUOTE(Cambo @ Jul 3 2010, 03:48 PM) *

Good luck getting a '75 - 6 registered in this state!
DBCooper
A 75 is inspection exempt, isn't it? So why would that be a problem?

If it is I'll solve the problem by bringing it back and registering it here in Texas....
Cambo
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jul 3 2010, 04:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Cambo @ Jul 3 2010, 03:48 PM) *

Good luck getting a '75 - 6 registered in this state!

The 914 is a "70. The jogging stroller was a '75...
JRust
I caught one similar to this in the Portland area. Just a mention of a 914 in an add with a bunch of other misc stuff. Typical reply. I bought it as a project. It doesn't have any rust. The battery tray isn't there though. It also ran when I got it but it won't start now. Okay confused24.gif how much? I want $2500 for it lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

Okay buddy just send me some pictures of this pristine 914 dry.gif . I can't wait to see them. Then I can tell you why your insane for wanting $2500 for a project car that doesn't run.
underthetire
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 3 2010, 04:58 PM) *

If it is I'll solve the problem by bringing it back and registering it here in Texas....

Don't think so, 74 and older.
Cambo
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jul 3 2010, 05:51 PM) *

I thought it was 75 and older......
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cambo @ Jul 3 2010, 04:56 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Jul 3 2010, 05:51 PM) *

I thought it was 75 and older......

It is. Actually, even some '76 models are exempt with earlier production dates. Mine is a '75. It is exempt.
Lennies914
popcorn[1].gif

Well was it treasure? Did McMark find an original GT and he's keeping it on the DL? confused24.gif The suspense (and optimism) idea.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jul 3 2010, 08:41 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Well was it treasure? Did McMark find an original GT and he's keeping it on the DL? confused24.gif The suspense (and optimism) idea.gif

I think he found an original prototype 914. It was sitting in a barn since the Vietnam war when the owner was killed. The owners mother sold it for $25 because she didn't know what it was worth. Mark put gas in it , the original battery from 1969 still had a charge and he drove it home. Oh, and it's rust free... lol-2.gif

Actually, I went for a cruise that way today. I would have looked at it but didn't see the post until I got home... headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.