Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP PLEASE, How do you install the clutch cable stop?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cupomeat
Ok, dumb question.

I just bought and tried to install a Clutch Cable Stop part on my 914 a few hours ago.

If you are not aware of the part, it looks like a 13mm washer with a 25mm tapering tab on it.

I believe it goes on the clutch cable tube where the tube joins the bracket for the clutch pulley.

BUT, I can't seem to figure how I should install it and what it actually does. confused24.gif

Can anyone help me with either a picture or a description of how I am to install it?

The only thing the Haynes manual does is show one, with a bend on the tab.

I appreciate it!
joefri187
Are you talking about the part that keeps the cable from pulling away or falling out from the pulley bracket/assembly?

If so, there should be two grooves on the end of the clutch cable sleeve. The groove on the very end slips into the pulley assembly. The cable stop goes on the second groove and the tab bends around into a hole on the underside of the pulley bracket, securing the cable to the bracket.

Sorry that I can't provide any pics, but I'm at work at the moment....
Tom
agree.gif
Tom
Cupomeat
Ok, This is what I was thinking would happen, but it doesn't fit so nicely on the second groove, so I questioned it!

As always, Thanks!
smilie_pokal.gif
Cupomeat
Sorry, I would love a little additional clarification, if you don't mind...

Please let me know if I have the sequence correct and this is as you go back to front on the clutch cable;

Pulley - cable length - first groove on cable tube end with clutch cable stop on it - Second groove of cable tube set into pulley bracket.

OR

Pulley - cable length - first groove of cable tube set into pulley bracket - Second groove on cable tube end with clutch cable stop on it

I wish I was there to take a picture to get it right.

Thanks, as always
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.