Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
This car was (at one time) my Dads. At that time, it was a 75' with a 1.8 in it. He was having tough times and sold the car (without the engine) to his friend. 12 years later, the engine tin and fan shroud are in my car, my Dad has a Six, and this car has a 3.6 from a 993 in it, and as of today, it is now his again.....

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
RiqueMar
A few from when we first picked it up..... more pics to come tomorrow, I'll be detailing it....

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 4 2010, 12:09 AM) *

That's cool that it was once his before and he gets it back and it's even more fun.

Thanks Gint! It has some work in store for it right off the bat... back-dated bumpers, Upgraded brakes, speakers, dash pad, battery.
Gint
And it looks sweet. Black cars look good with big bumpers.
ME733
....YOU are with out question the type of Son, and Man, your father can be proud of....If there were more like you , the world would be a much better place.
streetrover
Wow! Beautiful car! beerchug.gif What is that stuff in the trunk? Radiator? Supplementary fuel tanks?

Bob
Eric_Shea
Looks to be very well done. Nice car. Nice story.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(streetrover @ Jul 4 2010, 07:24 AM) *

Wow! Beautiful car! beerchug.gif What is that stuff in the trunk? Radiator? Supplementary fuel tanks?

Bob

Oil tank and oil cooler, has a small, small leak, nothing a little attention cant fix.

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 4 2010, 07:30 AM) *

Looks to be very well done. Nice car. Nice story.

Thanks Eric, it's pretty well done, I'm looking forward to doing the detail work.

rick 918-S
Nice car! I actually like the BBB on a black car.
siverson
Looks good! Let's see some engine shots too!

Are they 205 width tires on the back? I drove my 3.6 non-flared for about two years with 205s and it was... interesting. smile.gif

-Steve
veltror
That car is the dogs bollocks !!!
RiqueMar
QUOTE(veltror @ Jul 4 2010, 01:22 PM) *

Um..... is that good? Or bad?

Pictures coming. Just spent about 4 hours detailing it today....

Steve, all the fenders are flared very slightly, I don't know if they are 205's on the back though.
RiqueMar
Engine.... Correction, 964 transplant....

IPB Image

Exhaust....

IPB Image

Exhaust/Tranny/Wevo

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Gauges.....

IPB Image

Suspension....

IPB Image

IPB Image

Oil system...

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
RiqueMar
Misc....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
RiqueMar
Like I said, spent the day cleaning it. Also took off that central support for the roll bar, HUGE blindspot with that on, as well as all the hotlap stuff. Too much attention.

Few pictures of the car, now clean!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
siverson
Awesome, looks good!

It must be a 1995 engine, since it has the late intake manifold (plastic) but OBD-I electronics (round 19-pin plug, versus later 16-pin plug). Right? Or I suppose it could be a later euro-engine...

It also looks like the gasket under the hood crest is either missing or shrunk. They are really inexpensive to replace to get it to fit right (flush)...

-Steve
RiqueMar
QUOTE(ME733 @ Jul 4 2010, 07:01 AM) *

....YOU are with out question the type of Son, and Man, your father can be proud of....If there were more like you , the world would be a much better place.
Father here ......just browsing on my son's passion and found the comment .... I am very proud and makes "my world" a better place ! Thank you for the comment(s).

MDG
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jul 5 2010, 02:01 AM) *

QUOTE(veltror @ Jul 4 2010, 01:22 PM) *

Um..... is that good? Or bad?

biggrin.gif
The dogs bollocks is about as cool as you can get.

Car looks great - congrats to your dad!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

My 914 needs detailing also, I will hold any day open for you to come and do it.

OH yes mine is black also. BTW Black is the only color Henry Ford and

God said a car should Be!!!! Dave slap.gif
J P Stein
Sleepers are cool.....but traction is the cat's ass.
charliew
Nice car I also think the bbbs look pretty good. One tap in the front or rear and you'all will like them even more. Also from the pictures the rollbar looks to be oval. I didn't realize how much additional mods were required for a 6 conversion. I guess thats mostly from the oil tank in the front instead of in the fender. Does the battery also not fit in the old spot? It looks like you lose about as much trunk space as a waterpumper. But you do have the real porsche sound, thats the best part.
pcar916
Hope it's an LSD or TBD differential. Either makes skinny tires work way better with big horsepower. That said...

Drivers new to them need to get some wet-parking lot time to learn when they break away. Wet pavement can make for high-drama until there be throttle discipline. w00t.gif

Root_Werks
drooley.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jul 6 2010, 07:59 AM) *

drooley.gif

agree.gif agree.gif

Filling out the "dream" garage...
RiqueMar
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 6 2010, 10:54 AM) *

drooley.gif

agree.gif agree.gif

Kinda reminds me of that poster I remember from Highschool. It had a garage with a Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus, etc and said something to the extent of "Motivation for hard work".
RJMII
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jul 6 2010, 10:00 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 6 2010, 10:54 AM) *

drooley.gif

agree.gif agree.gif

Kinda reminds me of that poster I remember from Highschool. It had a garage with a Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus, etc and said something to the extent of "Motivation for hard work".

Justification for higher education ?

I'm going to have to just post this agree.gif emoticon in reference to ALL of the previous compliments concerning you and the car. smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
Sweet biggrin.gif

The next time I am in Cali I hope I am in your area smile.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 7 2010, 10:41 AM) *

Sweet biggrin.gif

The next time I am in Cali I hope I am in your area smile.gif

Any and all car enthusiasts welcome. Seriously, these are our favorite cars, but we love every car from Renault Dauphines to Panamaras.
driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.