Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black & White Pics ORPCA AX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
I took the 35mm out with me along with the digi & shot a roll of B/W. I like what came out from an artsy point of view. I'm gonna blow'm up to 16 x 20's. Lots of fun to see them become "LARGE" before your eyes!

.........b
Bruce Allert
the 1st one is Craig (I think) this one is JP's car
Bruce Allert
This is the tail dragger that almost hit the guard rail. Jim Ayers. I like it for the contrast & close-ness of it all....
Bruce Allert
OOPs! one more of JP. Off to the right you can see a cone fly'n beer.gif Notice the direction of the front tiars... spin out! EEEEEEE-Haaaaaaa!

......b
Jeroen
Very cool pics!
The B/W looks very period correct

cheers,

Jeroen
Bruce Allert
Thanks Jeroen, your avatar is great. Very easy to look at & get hypnotized by! wub.gif MMMMMmmmmmmm (slurp)! beer.gif

..........b
seanery
Bruce,
those are nice!
what do you use Kodak, Ilford, ... ?
Bruce Allert
thanks Sean. I am using the new Kodak B/W 4oo with C-41 processing. They call it a "mono-chrome color" film. I used to use Ilford Xp-2 but found the Kodak to render higher contrast in the dark room without having to use as much red filter. The only one of these pics I retouched is Craigs in which I added a wee bit of contrast to. The rest are as they came off the neg clap56.gif

........b
seanery
I like the grain structure. I may have to get the FE tuned up and blow a couple rolls. I remember when Illford first did their b/w with C41, I wasn't too happy with it, it seemed a bit milky to me.
J P Stein
Guys like me are the reason you shouldn't be sitting on your butt while shagging cones. That was
stage II of my first tank slapper of the year.....they take up a lot of room, but give you plenty of time to get "both feet down".

The B&W goes well with the fog & cold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.