ew
Joe Bob
ewwe
Joe Bob
Is it a 914/6 oil console.....?
East coaster
Looks like an oil thermostat housing??
Zeke
Lessee here, it has a place for an oil filter, a line in and a line out and a pressure relief valve.....................and it mounts on the bulkhead.

So, it's a gas pedal modulator??
Joe Bob
Well here's a 914/6 tank with out the oil console.....

IPB Image

Don't look like it fits....
boxstr
Probably a trans cooler console for the filter and the lines.
CCLINALMOSTHADONE
Joe Bob
Transmission filter?

Anyone have the PET CD and can look it up?
boxstr
Nothing on the PET. Appears after looking a http://www.stazak.com/914/GT/ Checking the oil cooling section , appears to be a remote engine oil filter console.
CCLINCOOLLUBE
Joe Bob
Does it run in addition to and oil tank mounted filter? Or is it for a /4?
sechszylinder
i guess that this is the special oil filter console used on cars which are running an external oil cooler like the gt-cars or the 916

where did you found that ?

benno
ArtechnikA
'72 911 oil tank/filter console parts are in the 916 range. ETKA shows 916.107.028.01

Anderson mentions the '72 console being a good one for retrofitting external coolers due to the way it utilises a thermostat - but i haven't read through all the technical stuff yet to fully understand it.

past that - i donno ...
IronHillRestorations
I'm reasonably certain that part is a thermostat/bypass unit for a 911S with an external oil cooler. The same or very similar to the one in the 914-6 photo.

BUT, it may be a part for a Sportomatic, they've got a bunch of weird oil line connections and consoles.

PK cool.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(9146986 @ Apr 8 2004, 04:46 AM)
BUT, it may be a part for a Sportomatic, they've got a bunch of weird oil line connections and consoles.

they do - but virtually all the Sporto-specific stuff has a partnumber in the '905' range ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.