Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel opinions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
desmo900rider
My original steel wheels are not in great shape, so I'd like to clean them up and have them powder coated. The question is, what color? I'm not wild about the original silver, so I was thinking white or black. Any other ideas?

desmo900rider
Whoops, file size too large. Trying to upload. Car is red.
KELTY360
Paint the centers black or red, leave the outer rims silver. It's a great look.
scotty b
Red car with white wheels huh ?
ripper911
Might be an idea for a new LE concept, Candycane drooley.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 4 2010, 03:38 PM) *

Might be an idea for a new LE concept, Candycane drooley.gif

...it is a 914, so more like Rusty Nail! lol-2.gif

IPB Image
desmo900rider
Brutal. I guess white would be a little Santa-esque?

I'm leaning towards black. Toughen it up a bit?
messix
argent silver.... kind of a dark silver.
DanT
7x15 steel wheels painted gloss black centers, and gloss grey rims...done at home with rattle can. Great for track wheels... biggrin.gif
Lennies914
Those look pretty sharp.
desmo900rider
QUOTE(DanT @ Jul 4 2010, 08:49 PM) *

7x15 steel wheels painted gloss black centers, and gloss grey rims...done at home with rattle can. Great for track wheels... biggrin.gif

I think we have a winner! Ding ding ding ding ding!
Silver Surfer
Steel wheels rattle can painted satin black with chrome rings.

Click to view attachment

Silver Surfer
and one more because I like posting car pics...

Click to view attachment
desmo900rider
Where do those chrome trim rings come from? I like 'em...
76-914
This is Hot Rod Black shot with an HVLP on top of Vari Prime. I don't recommend rattle can but it's your car.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
buhs914
QUOTE(Silver Surfer @ Jul 5 2010, 11:32 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Very nice! I have the same wheels and have never seen any pics of them like this. I like the look but i wonder how it would look with the 4 ribs chromed like the rim with everything else like it is on yours. idea.gif
Vysoc
I have 4 of those steel rims, contact me if you are looking to dress up your steelies. And by the way I vote for BLACK with silver on the rim edges.

Vysoc happy11.gif
EdwardBlume
barf.gif Get Fuchs! Just kiddin' lol-2.gif

Do what YOU like...
DanT
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 8 2010, 08:54 PM) *

barf.gif Get Fuchs! Just kiddin' lol-2.gif

Do what YOU like...

like these Rob? biggrin.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(buhs914 @ Jul 5 2010, 09:19 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I like the look but i wonder how it would look with the 4 ribs chromed like the rim with everything else like it is on yours. idea.gif

Too much bling, too busy. It would kill the look IMO.
70_914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 8 2010, 09:32 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I like the look but i wonder how it would look with the 4 ribs chromed like the rim with everything else like it is on yours. idea.gif

I think it would complete the look if the car had chrome bumpers. Everything on the car is polished and anodized or chrome, why leave the wheel lips dull silver?
xperu
QUOTE(DanT @ Jul 4 2010, 11:49 PM) *

I really like the looks of your wheels, as a matter of fact I had already bought the paint (grey and Black) and was going with this color combination on my 8 spoke Empi's, but will now I will use the colors on my steel wheels. I only wish mine were 7". Mike
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 5 2010, 10:19 PM) *

This is Hot Rod Black shot with an HVLP on top of Vari Prime. I don't recommend rattle can but it's your car.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I like that! you can get good results with rattle can if you take your time though... and PREP.

that's a good look on the westerns smile.gif

just my .02 I really like black wheels on black cars or silver... but I think if you leave the edge of the rime(where it meets the tire) polished, it REALLY makes the wheels POP! otherwise the black rims kinda get lost next to the tire.
buhs914
QUOTE(70_914 @ Jul 9 2010, 09:46 AM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 8 2010, 09:32 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I think it would complete the look if the car had chrome bumpers. Everything on the car is polished and anodized or chrome, why leave the wheel lips dull silver?

Maybe that's what it was missing! I knew there was something that needed to be chromed haha
Drums66
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 5 2010, 08:19 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Don't rattle can them! idea.gif
Silver Surfer
I went rattle can on mine because it was cheap. I really didn't want to put any money into wheels I didn't intend to keep (although yes, they are still on the car). I did go with the Wurth satin black though. It came out great and I haven't had any problems.

The chrome rings were a birthday present from the wife. She got them from Auto Atlanta I think. I definitely agree that it needs chrome bumpers to finish the look, but I'm still waiting for a nice set to come along.
nsr-jamie
I like the silver car with the black wheels, always a classic look.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.