Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement Fire Walls
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
obscurity
I know AA and Restoration Design sell late model fire walls is there a source of early firewalls (or at least the bottom section)?

I have 1- 3 inches of rot along the entire bottom edge but the rest looks pretty good.

Aside from the shift linkage what are the other differences?
realred914
QUOTE(obscurity @ Jul 5 2010, 07:41 AM) *

I know AA and Restoration Design sell late model fire walls is there a source of early firewalls (or at least the bottom section)?

I have 1- 3 inches of rot along the entire bottom edge but the rest looks pretty good.

Call rich, High Perfromance House in Calif. 650 364-6234 he has many 914 he has parted out, he cuts and saves body panels, he might have a good used one for you

good luck
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The repair piece I originally designed was only for the late model as there were more of those out there and the fact that the early and late were the same except for the early vs late shift console. We when repairing the early cars, just remove the early console and weld it into the late repair panel. Since it is so tough, it rarely rusts through and is readily reusable.

QUOTE(obscurity @ Jul 5 2010, 07:41 AM) *

Tom_T
Also the late upper firewalls at the top, sides & lower just above the engine tray lip have some clips welded on to hold the firewall pad, which the earlier 914s didn't have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.