Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Get togethers near Atlanta...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
I keep reading about Y'all getting together over in California cheer.gif and other far away places, does this ever happen in georgia ar15.gif ? Or do I have to come up with something?
mipstien
Well there was a handful of us including Al meridith, that got together just over a month ago in allpharetta area. 3 of us drove from knoxville, tn area to go. And there is also the gap run in october.
Silverstreak
QUOTE(mipstien @ Jul 5 2010, 12:08 PM) *

Well there was a handful of us including Al meridith, that got together just over a month ago in allpharetta area. 3 of us drove from knoxville, tn area to go. And there is also the gap run in october.

Deals gap/Tail of the dragon? I'm there! Whether my teener is running or not! I'll take the Z up there and carve up those roads! Always wanted to go but miss Z days every year.
Jake Raby
I'll be hosting a small get together here in the fall and a much more formal event in April of 2011 to include a dyno day on our chassis dyno and an all aircooled VW and Porsche car show here on our property.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 5 2010, 09:33 AM) *

I keep reading about Y'all getting together over in California cheer.gif and other far away places, does this ever happen in georgia ar15.gif ? Or do I have to come up with something?

we just had a little drive about three saturdays ago. Many come by the shop every saturday and hang out.
obscurity
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 5 2010, 12:33 PM) *

I would say you should try to come up with something. There are usually several people intersted in attending.
1968Cayman
I'm game . . . it'll be even better once the car touches the ground again. Maybe next month.
rfuerst911sc
I'm moving to Marietta in the next 2 months or so I am definately interested. I have a 1983 911SC and the 1975 914 GT clone with a 3.0. Looking forward to meeting you guys. beer.gif
poorsche914
Once I get mine roadworthy, I would take a trip to Atlanta area to meet up with other teeners. The drive there and back through the mountains of TN/NC/GA would be several hours of FUN! driving.gif
mipstien

you could drive up here to tennessee and visit us. we can get at least a few people together for a small get together. food driving or whatever it maybe.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(mipstien @ Jul 5 2010, 03:22 PM) *

you could drive up here to tennessee and visit us. we can get at least a few people together for a small get together. food driving or whatever it maybe.

Ken and I are planning to do some pre runs for MUSR 11 the weekend of the 24th I believe. The actual event is in October and you really don't want to miss it so make sureyou sign up and reserve your hotel room soon.

Shoe

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=105370

http://www.musr11.com/
poorsche914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 5 2010, 05:20 PM) *

Ken and I are planning to do some pre runs for MUSR 11 the weekend of the 24th I believe. The actual event is in October and you really don't want to miss it so make sureyou sign up and reserve your hotel room soon.

Shoe

I am out of town that weekend otherwise I would join you on the Dragon. Keep in mind if the TN side is not open you will have to go way 'round I think via the Cherohala Skyway.

driving.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 5 2010, 04:25 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 5 2010, 05:20 PM) *

Shoe

I am out of town that weekend otherwise I would join you on the Dragon. Keep in mind if the TN side is not open you will have to go way 'round I think via the Cherohala Skyway.

driving.gif

We will be running the Cherohala as well as a few of the other roads too such as The Hellbender.
blitZ
There is always the monthly car show at The Avenue mall on Roswell Road the first Sunday of every month. The next one will be August 1st. I'm always up for a get together.
kerensky
This past weekend we stopped overnight at my father-in-law's place in Flowery Branch on our way to So.Carolina. When we left we drove past Road Atlanta, and saw a bright red 914 parked in front of a race shop next to the track. Looked like someone's been taking care of it (at least from 50 feet at 50mph! wink.gif
obscurity
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jul 6 2010, 02:12 PM) *

This past weekend we stopped overnight at my father-in-law's place in Flowery Branch on our way to So.Carolina. When we left we drove past Road Atlanta, and saw a bright red 914 parked in front of a race shop next to the track. Looked like someone's been taking care of it (at least from 50 feet at 50mph! wink.gif

Alright another architect 914 owner. I knew there had to ba another one out there beerchug.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(obscurity @ Jul 6 2010, 01:17 PM) *

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jul 6 2010, 02:12 PM) *

Alright another architect 914 owner. I knew there had to ba another one out there beerchug.gif

You two guys should make plans to meet up at the MUSR 11! beerchug.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 6 2010, 10:22 PM) *

Pun intended? av-943.gif
blitZ
Here's another opportunity to get together and do some driving. The next PCA autocross is coming up on Sunday, July 25th. Sign up so we can have a big 914 presence. I'll be there.

Peachstate PCA AX

kerensky
QUOTE(obscurity @ Jul 6 2010, 10:17 AM) *
Heh, yeah. Of course I haven't *driven* my 'teener since the year before I started architectural school ...
kerensky
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 6 2010, 06:22 PM) *

I'd love to do that, but Knoxville is a good 14 hour drive from OK. While it'd be fun, hanging out with a buncha 'teeners in my VW Fox just isn't in the cards
obscurity
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jul 9 2010, 03:36 PM) *

Heh, yeah. Of course I haven't *driven* my 'teener since the year before I started architectural school ...

That's ok I have only managed to drive mine once since the year after I graduated (15 years ago)
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jul 9 2010, 02:41 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 6 2010, 06:22 PM) *

I'd love to do that, but Knoxville is a good 14 hour drive from OK. While it'd be fun, hanging out with a buncha 'teeners in my VW Fox just isn't in the cards

But Mary is coming from Kansas with Buttercup and she will be passing through Oklahoma. Follow her to Memphis and join the contingent leaving from there.
d914
QUOTE(obscurity @ Jul 9 2010, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jul 9 2010, 03:36 PM) *

That's ok I have only managed to drive mine once since the year after I graduated (15 years ago)

Well I havent driven mine in 5yrs...with a little luck it will be drivable by the end of the year..your more than invited to give it a run!!!! if I make it... its the holy grail.. a 914 all in one piece!!
kerensky
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jul 6 2010, 10:12 AM) *

This past weekend we stopped overnight at my father-in-law's place in Flowery Branch on our way to So.Carolina. When we left we drove past Road Atlanta, and saw a bright red 914 parked in front of a race shop next to the track. Looked like someone's been taking care of it (at least from 50 feet at 50mph! wink.gif )
Neglected to mention that this 914 had a Chalon kit on it. I started to but couldnt' remember the name of the kit manufacturer. Old age, gotta love it. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.