Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door buzzer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Where do I disconnect the annoying door buzzer switch from? From the switch itself or elsewhere? Sounds seem to be comming from the seat area. Which wires specifically get unplugged. Thanks.
jt914-6
What year 914 are you talking about? There is a buzzer on the fuse panel. Drop it down and it is a silver metal round buzzer there. If it is a '74 up there is a seat belt relay under the passenger seat. I'd check on the fuse panel first and remove the round silver buzzer there and see if that takes care of your buzzer sound....
tod914
Ok will do. Thanks JT.
Tom_T
Just unplug the white plastic connectors under the L&R seats Tod, did that on my 73 years ago! biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
These cars came with door buzzers? blink.gif I have never seen one working wink.gif
tod914
Mike your better off with a broken one, trust me. By chance to you sell complete cv boot kits (bolts, seals, boots, etc)? I think I have a torn one on the outside. Have to double check it to make sure. Guess the whole axle needs to come out for that if it's ripped or do they make boots that can be glued together?
Dr Evil
Call Eric_shea, he can probably hook you up smile.gif
tod914
Danka Sir.. btw I still have your red matchbox bus.. want it shipped? Maybe an E-type to trade for?
RJMII
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 5 2010, 02:24 PM) *

These cars came with door buzzers? blink.gif I have never seen one working wink.gif

agree.gif

This is the second thread I've seen lately that mentioned a buzzer. blink.gif
jt914-6
I haven't had a buzzer on my 914's for years. The one I described eariler I think works when the key is in the ignition switch. Don't think it was ever used with the doors. The door switch only works the interior light, I'm sure that's the way it is.
As said, unplug the sensor in the seat cushions. Haven't used those either for quite a while.
SUNAB914
If the door is open w key in, the buzzer will sound. I still have mine and it is a very annoying sound.
balljoint
I like my door buzzer. It reminds me that while I am out of the car and leaning into the engine bay, yet again, to determine what the problem is, at least I am driving to work in my 914 and not my truck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.