Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Top Gear (new season has begun)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
I am a big fan of the british Top Gear show. driving.gif
The funniest car show on the planet. Do you watch it ?

Last show featured the Boxster Spyder (the one with the tent)

The show can be found from this enthousiast website

http://finalgear.com

wub.gif
Silverstreak
I love it. But I don't get BBC America on my cable. Who is the Stig?
pcar916
Super show. And who the Stig is is anyone's guess. I think Schumacher was a red herring.
johannes
I don't get BBC neither. I download the show every week.
BigDBass
I watch "Top Gear" when I remember to.

I thought "the Stig" was revealed to be Steve Matchett, author of The Mechanic's Tale and Life in the Pit Lane.

The show I watch with dedication is "Wheeler Dealers".
ME733
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jul 5 2010, 06:30 PM) *

I thought "the Stig" was revealed to be Steve Matchett, author of The Mechanic's Tale and Life in the Pit Lane.

...............Do you ever notice that the parts and repairs they make....DO NOT include LABOR to install.???.the mechanic must be slave labor., a situation all too fimilar with mechanics.
shelby/914
Love the show. Watch it every chance I get on BBC America, Direct TV.
messix
i haven't been able to figure out how to watch after downloading the torrent headbang.gif
zx-niner
We have it DVR'd. Oddly enough, my wife, who is totally not a "petrol-head," loves the show! After putting up with my car and motorcycle (spending) habits for years I think she is beginning to see what the attraction is. It's only a matter of time before she asks for a Stig tee shirt.

Now that "Corner Gas" is off the air we get our laughs from "Top Gear."

What, you've never heard of "Corner Gas?" THE funniest 1/2 hour sitcom EVER!
VaccaRabite
I have a source that gets the initial torrent, and I DL from him every Sunday. I'd share it if I could, but there are only about 15 people that get that feed to keep from overwhelming his line.

The segment with the Robin had me rolling.

Zach
URY914
I'm a fan.
yeahmag
Addicted. I watch it religiously.
yeahmag
Addicted. I watch it religiously.
tat2dphreak
yep, I watch it via torrent d/l you have to wait a year or something crazy to see it on BBCA... so, screw that smile.gif
VaccaRabite
And Clarkson, as usual, hates the Porsche.
strawman
Yupper, I DVR it. My wife and daughter both love it, though they only tolerate my car addiction. Clarkson is a melon head for hating Porsche. But since he pronounces Porsche with only one syllable, he demonstrates his idiocy again and again...
buhs914
I love the older one where he minigunned an '80s corvette from a helicopter
rickthejetman
I freakin love top gear! i download every episode as soon as it posts on Finalgear. Those guys are funny as hell and they make the best car films. the romania episode was beautiful.
johannes
QUOTE(messix @ Jul 5 2010, 04:15 PM) *

i haven't been able to figure out how to watch after downloading the torrent headbang.gif
You downloaded the torrent, but did you actually downloaded the video ? Do you have a torrent client software installed? Try VUZE.
If you have the mkv video already downloaded and can't watch it with your current media player, try installing VLC media player.
messix
QUOTE(johannes @ Jul 6 2010, 12:32 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Jul 5 2010, 04:15 PM) *

You downloaded the torrent, but did you actually downloaded the video ? Do you have a torrent client software installed? Try VUZE.
If you have the mkv video already downloaded and can't watch it with your current media player, try installing VLC media player.

i found one that works, utorrent sucks ass!
kharma
Thanks for the reminder!

I usually DL them onto a USB drive then plug it into the TV. Full screen glorious-ness.
tat2dphreak

disagree... nothing else works as well with such a small footprint... vuze (formerly azureus) is very full featured but will eat up all of your resources.
Todd Enlund
Top Gear is the best show on tele.

Unfortunately, I don't get BBCA any more. Fortunately, torrents are the full (uncut for American TV commercials) version.
BenNC
Streetfire has it as well for non-torrent people.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-1...627_2030593.htm

I hate to watch the BBC-America version because they cut out good stuff.
jsayre914
i love that show, i never remember to watch it, but it is on demand comcast, or it was, so im sure it will be back. My wife does not enjoy, so we have to share the Tele beerchug.gif
tat2dphreak
even my wife has really enjoyed a lot of the episodes. she loved the one where they went across Vietnam!
johannes
QUOTE(BenNC @ Jul 6 2010, 06:39 AM) *

Streetfire has it as well for non-torrent people.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-1...627_2030593.htm

I hate to watch the BBC-America version because they cut out good stuff.

Image quality is crapy on streetfire...
messix
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 6 2010, 06:05 AM) *

disagree... nothing else works as well with such a small footprint... vuze (formerly azureus) is very full featured but will eat up all of your resources.

i found "miro" and it works for me. i'm am new to this torrent stuff.
turboman808
Top Gear is the most watched show in my home.

The Reliant Robin from last week was freaking hilarious.
tat2dphreak

agree.gif when he made first turn and flipped I spit crown and coke out my nose... it was just classic.
messix
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 6 2010, 12:43 PM) *

agree.gif when he made first turn and flipped I spit crown and coke out my nose... it was just classic.

left hand turns are a bitch!
turboman808
QUOTE(kharma @ Jul 6 2010, 05:00 AM) *

Thanks for the reminder!

I usually DL them onto a USB drive then plug it into the TV. Full screen glorious-ness.

Yeah I just realized I could connect a 32gb card to my phone. Download to my phone while at work and connect it and Boom top gear right off my cell phone in HD.

Why I am continually surprised by this stuff I don't know HAHA
Silverstreak
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jul 5 2010, 05:30 PM) *

Dude! I love that show! When I bought my 914 I acted just like Mike Brewer.
Turtle
QUOTE(Silverstreak @ Jul 6 2010, 04:35 PM) *

Edd China is the perfect co-host with Brewer. You can catch Wheeler Dealers on youtube and if you're fast enough, new Top Gears. BBC issues the take down notices fast but if you check early Monday you can find fresh Top Gear.
BigDBass
QUOTE(Silverstreak @ Jul 6 2010, 06:35 PM) *

I've been trying to contact Mike Brewer and/or the producers of the show to find out who made his leather jackets. No responses so far sad.gif Uh, hijack off!
johannes
James May owns an old 911 ! ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32t7sGFWBzI
VaccaRabite
This season has been fantastic. So much an improvement over the past few.
If you have not seen last night's episode, you should.
It had me laughing out loud.

Zach
NC_Colfax
QUOTE(Turtle @ Jul 7 2010, 01:18 AM) *

QUOTE(Silverstreak @ Jul 6 2010, 04:35 PM) *

Edd China is the perfect co-host with Brewer. You can catch Wheeler Dealers on youtube and if you're fast enough, new Top Gears. BBC issues the take down notices fast but if you check early Monday you can find fresh Top Gear.

I watch this at my in laws . I also have wondered why they never factor in Ed's labor. I saw a show with a corvette they keep talking about the "dodgy" electrics in the vette....are they not the same people that gave us the "Prince of Darkness"
Lucus Electronics.
johannes
This week's op Gear épisode was epic ! ...
matthepcat
I really loved the episode where they raced airport vehicles around a track full contact.

I have this on my DVR set for the season.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Jul 27 2010, 11:29 AM) *

I really loved the episode where they raced airport vehicles around a track full contact.

I have this on my DVR set for the season.

if your DVR is recording BBC America, you are actually at least a season behind. Go to www.finalgear.com for info on how to watch current Top Gear in the states.

If you are DVRing a different channel, (say BBC2 from England) you have the right stuff, and I want to know your provider.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.