Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dark Gray Carpet Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
I just looked through some of the threads on carpet kits. I am looking for a dark gray loop kit. I have a sample from a 73 that is loop, and it looks much darker from the photos I have seen here (most of which I think are from Morph's kits). It looks like the Morph kit is a lighter gray. Does a dark gray kit exist on the market today?

Danke!
914Sixer

Are you sure your not looking for charcoal?
thomasotten
Yes, charcoal, but dark.
silver74insocal
i think your looking for black + 30 years, a pretty popular color laugh.gif
dem
You want lighter grey than the picture you posted, or darker? I couldn't figure it out.

Anyways, you probably want something from the "import loop" selections. Morph can special order.

Swatches from World Upholstery:
IPB Image
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Jul 5 2010, 04:44 PM) *

I just looked through some of the threads on carpet kits. I am looking for a dark gray loop kit. I have a sample from a 73 that is loop, and it looks much darker from the photos I have seen here (most of which I think are from Morph's kits). It looks like the Morph kit is a lighter gray. Does a dark gray kit exist on the market today?

Danke!

our kit is about as close as it comes, specially made loop carpet material for the vw beetles with loop in them. Looks great is dark charcoal just like the original
Tom_T
You might try these -
http://www.lakewell.com/en/products/porsch...rsche-914-69-76

I've not tried these myself, but DetoxCowboy on here has, maybe PM him for pix of what he got & how he likes it? He did a post in the Garage or somewhere that he gaave the above link & talked about it, but I can't find it now.

The safest thing to do is to request a small sample of the carpet, so you can see it & touch it without differing colors from pictures, different computers/monitors, etc. This is true for any supplier, & most will provide them free, since they're 1-2" squares cut from scraps anyway.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif

thomasotten
I'm going to give the one from George a try. $195 and stitched where it should be.
EdwardBlume
I had dark gray carpet in my non stock dark gray prio AX car..

I bought the carpet from a local carpet store and used the old carpet as a template...

It was tough to saw and sometimes tough to bend.. but I pulled it off, and it looked OK... I did go with "real" PORSCHE floor mats in black though, and the rear trunk carpet cut out looked terrible...

detoxcowboy
Antharcite (Salt and Pepper).. that I believe is the color.. not drk. grey nor charcoal.. maybe that will help the search..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.