Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 914-6/GT - Ferrari 308 Rear Calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Eric_Shea
For sale is one pair of Ferrari 308GT calipers modified for dual bleeders ala late model 914 calipers. These calipers are identical to the 914-6/GT calipers and allow vented rotors on the rear of your 914 or 914-6.

Asking $1,200.00 for the pair plus $10.20 shipping.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 6 2010, 12:05 AM) *

For sale is one pair of Ferrari 308GT calipers modified for dual bleeders ala late model 914 calipers. These calipers are identical to the 914-6/GT calipers and allow vented rotors on the rear of your 914 or 914-6.

Asking $1,200.00 for the pair plus $10.20 shipping.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

How about I pay shipping and you donate them for theMUSR 11 confused24.gif ?

Those are nice, wish I had the cash, would be nice on my flared car when it is done.
Eric_Shea
I was just thinking the same thing!!!

Then I realized the heroin was kicking in. I'll let you know in the morning when the "smack" isn't talking.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 6 2010, 12:10 AM) *

I was just thinking the same thing!!!

Then I realized the heroin was kicking in. I'll let you know in the morning when the "smack" isn't talking.

But...but.... my buzz will be gone by then.... lol-2.gif
Eric_Shea
More information on the calipers to answer some questions I've received:

Bleeders: These are the exact same caliper found on the 914-6/GT cars build by the factory. The only difference is the bleeder valve would be positioned on the opposite end for the Ferrari. In the manufacturing process, bleeder valves are positioned after the casting is complete. To make this a Porsche caliper we simply do what they did to the late model 914 caliper and add a second bleeder. We have a superb machinest who performs these mods and they are spot on factory.

Piston Size: These are 38mm pistons. The same size found in all 911's from 1967 (S-models) through 1983. This is one of the real reasons these are such sought after calipers (this and the fact that you don't have to mess with handbrake solutions). This piston size offers the use of many 911 front calipers without affecting your bias equation. Any thing from M-Calipers to S-Calipers to Brembo Calipers and on...

Pad Size: Again, as above you'll get a slightly larger pad in the rear. The same size found in all 911's from 1969 through 1983.

Spacers: There are 10mm spacers installed from the factory with longer fasteners for the use of 20mm vented rotors.

Pins: These will take a fairly standard 911 rear pad pin and spring assembly. You'll notice in the pictures, no more "fat pin".
veltror
pretty, but bit expensive for me at the mo....
Eric_Shea
These are back on the market. Customer has "High Compression" so he won't need a "Emergency" brake. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
***SOLD***
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.