Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a shop near Indy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rigglet
I need/want to have the floor pans replaced on my '71 and there is also some work that will need to be done on the lower firewall. In addition, I'm not convinced the PO checked or prepared the longs for rust when they did the "repairs" on the passenger side floor so I'd like to have those checked and possibly repaired, if needed. Basically, to make sure the car doesn't twist or bow, I'd like to have a professional (or someone who has done this before) take care of the structural repairs and then I can come in and do the things like the battery tray and cosmetic work.

Long story short...I know....too late...does anyone know of a reputable shop in the greater Indianapolis area that could handle this work? Also, if any board members are skilled with this kind of work and want to earn a few extra bucks I'd be willing to go that route as well. I'd be in no hurry to get the car back and would be willing to order all the parts in advance.

Any advice anyone has will be greatly appreciated!
rigglet
OK...I'll expand my search a little. smile.gif

Can anyone recommend someone in the greater Midwest area? I can easily tow the car somewhere if it is going to someone good. I'm also still open to having one of the members here work on it. So if anyone out there who has performed this kind of work wants to make a few bucks let me know.

Thanks everyone!
BigDBass
Great (best?) guy in the midwest is 914 Limited run by Brad Mayeur in Peoria, IL. Phone is 309-694-1797

Definitely worth the 3-4 hour trip from you. Lots of people from WI, MI, IN, and more take their 914s (and 912s and 911s) to Brad. 914s are his specialty and passion.

He doesn't do exterior body/paint, but last time I spoke with him, Brad said he'd found someone decent near him.
qa1142
I second Brad, cannot go wrong
hot_shoe914
Well worth the trip to tow it out to ScottyB in Virginia. Was only a little over 700 miles for me but wouldn't go any other place. He's the best! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.