Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what wires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mipstien
which wires are what on the fuel injectors rounded part of the plug is at the bottom and there is a left and right wire. are the right wires the power and the left a ground?
detoxcowboy
I do not think it matters whihc way you install the plug on the injectors off the harness, I asked the same thing awhile back when I bought a new harness, was told by the maker it did not mattter, and have installed them both ways ..
mipstien
My problem is a broken ground. And I don't wanna ground the power wire. Without a vground its hard to figure out which one is getting power and which isn't because they both get power just not finishinjg the circuit
JeffBowlsby
Check continuity of the broken wire to ground with an ohmmeter. If no continuity to ground, its not the ground wire, its the wire to the ECU.
mipstien
i did already try this. but i was hopeing someone could tell me what wire was what. i just wanted to make sure that power was on the right and ground was on the left basically.
JeffBowlsby
That's generally correct, but I have noticed in taking apart hundred of these FI harnesses that they are not always wired the same, sometimes the wires are switched. I didn't want to give you false information when yours could be different, but rather a way to verify exactly your condition and be sure. The injector does not care which wire is which, its just a simple solenoid.
mipstien
thanks just wanted reassurance with it i sure didn't wanna fuse a wire and blow up a battery or ecu trying to ground out something like that. funny thing when i made sure the ground was 'perfect' and cleaned up everything the car stopped stuttering and starting running like a car again. bad ground on the injectors makes all the difference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.