Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got a little something from Porsche today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
aktion035.gif Today is a good day. Got my COA on my 74 parts car I picked up a while back. I can't believe it but it's an LE Bubmlebee aktion035.gif

I've got to hit the road but had to put up a quick picture.

Bad news is the hell hole & it is basically just the rolling shell. It was pretty well gutted & not original when I got it.

Good news is I have the orginal block (less the heads) & original transmision.

Just not sure what the hell I am going to do with it. I don't think I am ready to do another resto. Flipping creamsicle has taken me a year & a half & still isn't quite done mad.gif
914Sixer
It's a BB !!
Tom_T
Congratz! smilie_pokal.gif

Well Jaime, I guess that moves into the next slot for a project car - as soon as you get the Creamsicle running right & finished up, & you'll have to find another parts car now! shades.gif
EdwardBlume
Cool! Congrats! smilie_pokal.gif
JeffBowlsby
You have a way of finding them Jamie...congrats. Another one for the Registry!

PS This Bumblebee's VIN is consecutive with George Hussey's beautiful VIN 15258 concours Creamsicle. Long lost Twins!

watsonrx13
Jamie nice find. Looks like another LE painted resell red... Here's what my Creamsicle looked like when I bought it as a parts car....

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
jcambo7
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jul 6 2010, 07:50 PM) *

Jamie nice find. Looks like another LE painted resell red... Here's what my Creamsicle looked like when I bought it as a parts car....

Click to view attachment

-- Rob

Rob
I love your website! When I have more time I will have to thoroughly go through it! popcorn[1].gif
ConeDodger
You know Jamie, I do ok and usually don't have to worry about money but I don't think I could find the scratch to purchase a COA on a parts car!!! lol-2.gif

Now restore it!!! biggrin.gif
Jerry

Send it to
scotty b ......he can fix anything!!!
Daiberl
Get it back on the road, another Bumblebee in the PNW!!
JRust
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 6 2010, 07:58 PM) *

You know Jamie, I do ok and usually don't have to worry about money but I don't think I could find the scratch to purchase a COA on a parts car!!! lol-2.gif

Now restore it!!! biggrin.gif

You funny Rob. I only got the COA after checking into the possibilty it might be. I really didn't think it was one. This car had so many odball pieces to it. I was pleasantly surprised it is. It will take a lot to restore as there ignt much original on trim pieces. Also the interior is mostly gone. Probably going to be a resto for someone else. We'll see confused24.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Jerry @ Jul 7 2010, 12:26 AM) *

Send it to
scotty b ......he can fix anything!!!

agree.gif
He will be doing my Bee when the time comes, or should I say when the money comes.
Root_Werks
Matching numbers, wow, that's pretty cool!

It's worth restoring. If not by you, then someone who will do the car correctly.
Eric_Shea
"They call me Mr. LE"

Click to view attachment
Drums66
.....914{bumble bee) stings again!! aktion035.gif

(dig the wheels)
JRust
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jul 7 2010, 07:52 AM) *

Matching numbers, wow, that's pretty cool!

It's worth restoring. If not by you, then someone who will do the car correctly.

I've deciding to give selling it a try. I've got enough going on. It makes sense to let someone else have the pleasure. I can use the dough for my other projects. Still haven't finished the creamsicle. Not to mention getting the suspension ear replaced on my v8 car. Then my newly aquired Aubergine flared car. Okay well it will be Aubergine again at some point. Just debating what motor to put in. I did just buy a kit for another v8 conversion idea.gif

Bottom line is if your interested in restoring a BumbleBee. Check out my add in the classifieds biggrin.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.