Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pressure regulators
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bartlett 914
I installed new SS fuel lines today. Fuel pressure was up a few pounds so I adjusted it down. Now the regulator will not hold any pressure when the car is shut off. The pressure drops immediately. Before it would hold for quite awhile. I feel this regulator may be on it's way out. I have several ones for the 1.8 motors (or should I say L-jet motors). These are not adjustable and use a vacuum port. I think the vacuum drops the pressure. The question is, can I use these regulators on a D-jet by not connecting a vacuum line?
SLITS
They are all the same ...

It's the check valve in your pump that holds the pressure in the system not the pressure regulator. It would only bypass the regulator if it didn't hold pressure at all.
Bartlett 914
Thanks Ron. I am sure you are correct. Maybe something has fouled the check valva in the pump. It did work better before. Maybe after some running it will clear (wishful thinking). The pressure does come up quickly so maybe it is no big deal.
SLITS
I should have added that the pressure regulator is like a dam ... and it only opens when the set pressure is exceeded. Once the pump shuts off, it closes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.