Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do the two rubber "ledge clips' look like
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I'm getting ready to put the glass back in and the thread says to set the glass on the two ledge clips. What am I hunting for? I think I may have them in one of the boxes, but without a better idea, I'm lost.

And for those of you who only look at pictures, here I am on Sunday after several hours of jet sking on eastern WA. The bottle was just for the photo...

Click to view attachment
quadracerx
Right...thats what they all say....LOL
jaxdream
There actually rubber spacer strips about 3 inches long , almost a 1/4 inch wide and a few mm thick. There is part numbers for the , IIRC I beleive they are the same for the front windshield. Maybe the Dr. has the part numbers on his catalog site, their not real expensive at all .I think there is a thread in the classics section on an install, maybe look there. I got the same project to do , just at a much later date , heck maybe I'll read of your exploits on this !!! aktion035.gif

Jack / Jaxdream
jt914-6
The spacer block is # 15 in the pic. They are NOT the same as the windshield spacer block. Part # is: 914 541 907 10.....

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Any of you folks out there got these off your parts cars?
bandjoey
Gee. Didn't have them and didn't use them, although I'll probably get into trouble for saying this. Used bicycle inner tube rubber.

Did it like this:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=15821

It's tight now. Added a new outside rubber seal from Mark 914rubber.
Good luck.
jaxdream
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Jul 6 2010, 07:48 PM) *

The spacer block is # 15 in the pic. They are NOT the same as the windshield spacer block. Part # is: 914 541 907 10.....

Thanks , I'll make a note of that , just wasn't sure .Seemed plausable though, now I know. Jack / Jaxdream
Click to view attachment

charliew
Panelman, on the window the rubber is really just centering the glass in the opening. Measure the opening and the window and put it in the center with a piece or rubber. You can cut the piece out of a floor mat, it needs to be about the thickness of the glass. A glass place probably has them to sell you. my fiero uses them. Any glass that glues in uses them. Go for it. My interest is in how do you hold the window in place while the urethane sets up. Oh yeah study up on the primers for the urethane and their application, I'd worry more about that than the spacers. You can do it.
Eric_Shea
My interest is in how do you hold the window in place while the urethane sets up. Oh yeah study up on the primers for the urethane and their application, I'd worry more about that than the spacers

I wouldn't... there's no urethane used in a window install. wink.gif
charliew
Sorry, I was thinking the package of the 3m beading or rope said urethane on it that I use. I haven't done a 914 but it looks like the same stuff that goes in other glue in windows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.