Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: '73 914-4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
john914B.F.R.
red, tan interrior, '73 914-4 for sale as a parts car or as is, no title, comes with good running 1.7L enging with complete A/C and transmission. the car isnt in perfect shape, the firewall needs to be replaced along with inside passanger rocker. other then that its in decent shape, could be repaired or just used as a parts car.

the car is located in Denver, NC
you can call john at 704-966-0898 or message me if you have any questions or want to come see it

price is $750 neg.

pictures will come as soon as the sun moves
john914B.F.R.
still available
tat2dphreak
if you consider parting it, lmk, I know someone looking for the A/C
john914B.F.R.
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 19 2010, 02:48 PM) *

we have A/C parts that are seperate we could sell just let me know what they need and i could find it all and send you some pics
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(john914B.F.R. @ Jul 19 2010, 01:53 PM) *

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 19 2010, 02:48 PM) *

we have A/C parts that are seperate we could sell just let me know what they need and i could find it all and send you some pics

yea, I think they mainly need the interior part and in the trunk, and all the brackets for the engine.. I think there's an aftermarket compressor. that would be better...

shoot me pics of the whole thing, and email what you would take for the parts to wafry1975 at gmail dot com
john914B.F.R.
$750

$550
914xprs
drunk.gif is the car still available?
if so i am very interested but need better pictures from digital camera or better phone...
iefixitburke@yahoo.com
thanks
terry KMA.gif
john914B.F.R.
QUOTE(914xprs @ Jul 29 2010, 08:26 AM) *

if so i am very interested but need better pictures from digital camera or better phone...
iefixitburke@yahoo.com
thanks
terry KMA.gif

it is still available, ill email you pics as soon as i load them on my computer
914xprs
drunk.gif sending check monday morning for $550.00
QUOTE(john914B.F.R. @ Jul 29 2010, 06:01 AM) *

QUOTE(914xprs @ Jul 29 2010, 08:26 AM) *

iefixitburke@yahoo.com
thanks
terry KMA.gif

it is still available, ill email you pics as soon as i load them on my computer

john914B.F.R.
great thank you
914xprs
KMA.gif check sent. let me know when you recieve it please. thanks stirthepot.gif
moralem
QUOTE(914xprs @ Aug 3 2010, 07:49 AM) *

KMA.gif check sent. let me know when you recieve it please. thanks stirthepot.gif

I am new to the 914's I am not a stranger to Porsches and have been trying to find a nice care at a reasonable price to get started. What value did you see in this car that made it worth whatever price you paid for it. I am not being critical but just trying to learn. When I looked at this car I thought for whatever amount he wanted it was too much. But was the value in a running engine that could be used for another car or was it in the sum of its parts because as a whole it just did not seem worth the asking price. Any help in understanding the economics of 914s would be appreciated.
914xprs
i paid a fair price for the car, and can purchase that car with very little info and be 100% confident that what i paid was a great investment. as a driver, probably not worth it. but only i can determine what i feel is best for the car when i see it inb person. my world revolves around this car and it is actually a family affair. my wife, and my lil reason for livin (son 5 yrs) all tear into the car, sort the good from the bad, seperate hardware,catalog each part. all of this work goes into providing quality used parts for you and the rest of the 914 comunity worldwide. so that car can fold in half when jacked from its jack post or stand with the jack stiff and straight.. does not matter. of coarse it does matter if the car is to be saved, as structural rust, depending on severity will dtermine what happens to the vin...
right now the economy is tearin peoples lives apart as they loose their jobs, house,914 er...
i had to sell my 71 and me and my son loved that car. but the 914 is what pays the bills and gives me great friendships all over the world... so i dont know if i said what you wanted to hear, but i look at the car a little different than the average owner... but having had alot of cars throughout my life, the 914 stands alone. great cars and great people.
thanks
terry
porsche914partsandcars@hotmail.com drunk.gif
QUOTE(moralem @ Aug 3 2010, 12:55 PM) *

QUOTE(914xprs @ Aug 3 2010, 07:49 AM) *

I am new to the 914's I am not a stranger to Porsches and have been trying to find a nice care at a reasonable price to get started. What value did you see in this car that made it worth whatever price you paid for it. I am not being critical but just trying to learn. When I looked at this car I thought for whatever amount he wanted it was too much. But was the value in a running engine that could be used for another car or was it in the sum of its parts because as a whole it just did not seem worth the asking price. Any help in understanding the economics of 914s would be appreciated.

moralem

Terry thanks for that info, I see the difference in what you do with them and what aperson like I would do with it wanting to get a 914 to add to the collection and get it back on the road. I completely understand that if you are parting it out then getting that car at his reduced price is a bargain. My goal is to find a car that is reasonable and can be gotten back on the road. If you see any out there let me know. I would love to use your expertise to spot one. In fact I was looking at one that is out in west Texas and saw that you were inquiring about it. It is a green one that is pretty compete and has some rust but overall it is in okay condition. The guy started out wanting 2500 but has dropped down to 2000. Seems like a good price to me except that it does not run due to bad fuel lines. But how does someone like me take the chance of throwing down 2k and trusting that all it needs to run are the new fuel lines when you can't even start the car to see if it at least turns over. Anyway thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. Continued success to you in your business. If I can find the right car I may have a need to use you for parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.