Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP! Lost my Teener key
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeSpraggi
Somehow I have lost my key to my teener. Never has happened before, but that doesn't really matter now. My car is parked in my driveway, doors are locked and I need to get it into the garage. I always meant to make a spare key, even went to Hershey, stood in line to have one made but walked away to look at something else and never went back headbang.gif !!

Does anyone know of anyone or a service that can come to my house and make a key in the Wash DC area? Thanks.
messix
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Jul 7 2010, 01:28 PM) *

Somehow I have lost my key to my teener. Never has happened before, but that doesn't really matter now. My car is parked in my driveway, doors are locked and I need to get it into the garage. I always meant to make a spare key, even went to Hershey, stood in line to have one made but walked away to look at something else and never went back headbang.gif !!

Does anyone know of anyone or a service that can come to my house and make a key in the Wash DC area? Thanks.

lock smith. they can slim jim the door and pull the door lock and make a key from the lock cylinder. it'll cost you a few bucks though. better might be the glove box. if it's just the door it'll be like the valet key.
zymurgist
Got wheel dollies? Can you put the car on them and roll it into the garage and find the key at your leisure?
markb
If you own a 914, you should have AAA. Call them. smile.gif
Drums66
Score some blanks(keys)....make more keyssssss idea.gif biggrin.gif
windforfun
Reverse look-up from VIN through Porsche? Bad idea?
markb
Black: 91453190310
Red: 91453190311
Tom_T
QUOTE(markb @ Jul 7 2010, 02:10 PM) *

If you own a 914, you should have AAA. Call them. smile.gif

agree.gif

Depending on what level AAA membership you have, it's anything from a discount to free + cost to rekey if necessary.

Wheel Dollies are a good temp idea, to give you more time to look for that pesky key, esp. if you have some or meant to get some.

AA, PP/Automotion, SMC, Porsche, etc. all sell both the black gen'l purpose & red "valet" plastic handle key blanks - in both plain aftermarket/repro & "official" "PORSCHE" imprinted typess - so you can make some spares! biggrin.gif
MikeSpraggi
I have ordered 2 key blanks to make copies. But just now, my very soon to be 21 year old son walks into my home office and says, "Dad, here, I found these on the steps to the basement" dry.gif ...... So I have my key back. Thanks everyone for the ideas, I will heed the call of sensible reasoning.
bandjoey
If you get it opened biggrin.gif and you have the original manual....The Porsche dealer wrote the key codes in the back maintenance section of my owners manual. Any good locksmith can code cut you an original key. About $15 in Texas.

Anyway, they can impression cut a key from the door lock without taking it out, if they're any good, or pull the lock if just average. Then nail the spare key to the garage wall. smash.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Jul 7 2010, 08:42 PM) *

I have ordered 2 key blanks to make copies. But just now, my very soon to be 21 year old son walks into my home office and says, "Dad, here, I found these on the steps to the basement" dry.gif ...... So I have my key back. Thanks everyone for the ideas, I will heed the call of sensible reasoning.

I hope you rewarded him by letting him drive the car. At least dress him up to look like you and send him to Red Robin to eat.
zymurgist
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 7 2010, 11:27 PM) *

QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Jul 7 2010, 08:42 PM) *

I hope you rewarded him by letting him drive the car. At least dress him up to look like you and send him to Red Robin to eat.

+1
jim_hoyland
Hide a key works good on 914's... smile.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 8 2010, 06:28 PM) *

Hide a key works good on 914's... smile.gif

Do those stick to rust? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.