Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: External or Internal Transmission Problem?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
damnfiknow
Was having 1st and 2nd gear problems (full stop for shift to 1st and almost impossible 2nd), so pulled the trans out of my donor car (how duz one have a 914 without at least one donor?) and inserted in the active car. Replaced all bushings from firewall back. Now a "non crisp" selection to 2nd (feels mushy) going in (no xxx thoughts please) and next to impossible to get 4th. Reverse, 1st, 3rd and 5th ok. Maybe help with adjustment at the shift stick (hope, hope hope) or do I need rebuild/replacement?
Cupomeat
Well, were you able to isolate that you did not have a dragging clutch for the initial transmission, which is what is sounds like was the problem?

Otherwise, it sounds more like linkage alignment than internal transmission given your description.

I hope that helps.
damnfiknow
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Jul 7 2010, 04:31 PM) *

Well, were you able to isolate that you did not have a dragging clutch for the initial transmission, which is what is sounds like was the problem?

Otherwise, it sounds more like linkage alignment than internal transmission given your description.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the encouragement. I Replaced the disk and releasebearing plus the piviot bushing.
RJMII
Did you check the clutch cable tube inside of the tunnel?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.