Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tiptronic Transaxle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lennies914
Just kicking around some ideas for next winters project and thought a tiptronic in a 914 would be pretty fun. Share your thoughts please. If no one has done it, why not? If someone has, how did it go? I've seen them for $500. Does anyone know what is involved with the eletronics? ie; the computer and what it needs to communicate with?

Thanks,

Lennie
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jul 7 2010, 05:08 PM) *

Just kicking around some ideas for next winters project and thought a tiptronic in a 914 would be pretty fun. Share your thoughts please. If no one has done it, why not? If someone has, how did it go? I've seen them for $500. Does anyone know what is involved with the eletronics? ie; the computer and what it needs to communicate with?

Thanks,

Lennie

I think you should buy a Boxster so we can strip it and transplant the engine and tranny into your car! I would bet the triptronic has some connections to the engine computer as well as its own ECU. If we strip a Boxster it would be easy.
IronHillRestorations
A cheap as you can find Boxsters, it would probably cost less just to get the 986.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.