Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who's your daddy?! MPC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
http://carscarscars.blogs.com/index/2004/0...o_owns_who.html

I found this today... it reminded me of a discussion a few weeks ago...

seanery: you were RIGHT!!! Hyundai owns kia

pray.gif
iiibdsiil
Very interesting.

I was told that the Land Rovers used to have Buick motors in them.

- Brett Smith
Rgreen914
QUOTE(iiibdsiil @ Apr 8 2004, 10:54 AM)

I was told that the Land Rovers used to have Buick motors in them.

- Brett Smith

Yeah, I think they used those little aluminum V-8's from the '60's (when you drive a big block Chevy, 'most everything else is "little" happy11.gif ).
seanery
when buick phased out that motor they sold the motor (and tooling I believe) to Rover. They put that motor in a MG, what was it called?
thesey914
Err....MGB V8??
seanery
I don't think that was it. Either the V8 or a 6 was called a MGC, but I can't remember which. There are guys out there building clones like we do with 914-6s.
dinomium
Britsh Leyland put that buick to good use in the Rover sedan, Triumph Stag. The MGC had an inline six...
thesey914
Yes I concur..The MGC had straight six.
seanery
I stand corrected.
A quick look around the web reveals the v8 cars were called MGB V8. Weird. The C cars are the -6s. A friend of mine bought a factory C car after the Sebring race they were brought to run for. After the race it was sent to a dealer in the Atlanta(?) area. It sat there for a year or so. One day he finally went in to look at it and ended up buying it. It took a bit of work to register it as a street car. I think he said he had to register it in Alabama. Once it was registered there it was fairly simple to register it in other states. He said it was a truly bitchin' car. He's got a 2.7 914-6 now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.