Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Subforum?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bfrymire
I post on several other forums, and NONE compare to here. Even when I posted about my new other german car, I got more response here!

So, how about a place to write about other german cars? Someplace to post build pics, etc? I am sure there are others here that have other cars, and would post about their cars without mixing in with the 914 content.

Just a thought.

-- brett
Mark Henry
I think it would be cool there's a ton of members into aircooled VW's here, a few merc's, other P-cars. One bonus to the detractors might be they don't have to look at bugs and busses if the don't want to.

Do it and I'll post my '67 bug progress....it's behind schedule (nothing new dry.gif ) but it's back on the restored and modified pan complete with 901...still have to build the nickies engine.....

Maybe I'll actually get it and my 914 done some day lol-2.gif
VaccaRabite
Bah. Just post them here, or if they are really OT (like my 715) post them to the sandbox.

Mike bus build thread in the garage was a big hit.

Zach
Elliot Cannon
Great! Then we could rename the website autoworld.com instead of 914world.com and I will l post messages about my Ford F 150 and my neighbors Corvettes. I like it. Lets do it. I'll be re-modeling the master bath in my house this fall and I would like to post messages and lots and lots of photos. This will be great. I'll only have to log on to one website from now on. That will trim down my list of bookmarked sites considerably. lol-2.gif
balljoint
idea.gif I did an entire Poll about what kind of toilet seal to use and I only posted in the Sandbox to start with because I am a friend of Tom T and I knew it would get moved anyway. ohmy.gif

BTW what other German car did you buy? smile.gif
realred914
a sub-forum section about german cars should be called a U-forum section.
bfrymire
1966 Mercedes Benz 200. It was actually given to me. smile.gif

QUOTE(balljoint @ Jul 8 2010, 09:21 AM) *

idea.gif I did an entire Poll about what kind of toilet seal to use and I only posted in the Sandbox to start with because I am a friend of Tom T and I knew it would get moved anyway. ohmy.gif

BTW what other German car did you buy? smile.gif

ConeDodger
No thank you...
SirAndy
Anything car related is generally OK in the Garage.
Just label it NPC (No Porsche Content) ...

If you think it doesn't fit in the Garage, post it in the Sandbox.

This has been discussed many times. Too many sub-forums just takes away focus from the main forum, the Garage.

We simply don't have the user-base to support multiple active sub-forums ...
popcorn[1].gif Andy
bfrymire
Ok. It was just to add some organization to the NPC content. smile.gif

Expect to see status on the Merc. smile.gif

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 8 2010, 11:21 AM) *

Anything car related is generally OK in the Garage.
Just label it NPC (No Porsche Content) ...

If you think it doesn't fit in the Garage, post it in the Sandbox.

This has been discussed many times. Too many sub-forums just takes away focus from the main forum, the Garage.

popcorn[1].gif Andy

Gint
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 8 2010, 08:53 AM) *
Bah. Just post them here, or if they are really OT (like my 715) post them to the sandbox.

Zach
agree.gif Put off topic in the title and post away in the garage.
SLITS
There are NO other German cars worthy of note.
Elliot Cannon
agree.gif
Mike Bellis
Great idea. Andy can you make a sub forum for every make and model car ever built. We don't want to descriminate. bs.gif barf.gif
bfrymire
I actually think this is a great community of car guys, and where as I love the 914, I appreciate other cars and the people who build them. after all they have the same skills and desires.

Have empathy for your fellow car enthusiast.

It's not BS, just a thought for all us to even more enjoy our hobby.

My 2cents. Didn't think a idea was full of so much emotional content. Have some tolerance.

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jul 8 2010, 05:38 PM) *

Great idea. Andy can you make a sub forum for every make and model car ever built. We don't want to descriminate. bs.gif barf.gif

ME733
............NOooooooooooooooooo. One site for the 356 wankers,discussing their GERMAN cars is ENOUGH.......this should remain a 914 site only, please.
ripper911
I say that any Porsche or Volkswagen content is welcomed. beerchug.gif

Anything else is for the Sandbox. stick.gif
ripper911
Edit

QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 8 2010, 09:27 PM) *

I say that any Porsche or Volkswagen content is welcomed. beerchug.gif

But not too much, this is a 914 site. stirthepot.gif

Anything else is for the Sandbox. stick.gif
JmuRiz
I think it's a good idea, I have an Audi as a daily driver and am trying to sell a Mercedes...but I always like some good german car talk.

FYI: I feel your pain about the lack of activity with the classic Mercedes crowd. It's either new Mercedes or people with W123 300Ds
bfrymire
Thanks. I have seen other forums that had such sections, such as the alfa romeo forum which has a other italian cars forum.

Yep. I noticed the same. It's either a new MB or the SL or the W123. smile.gif

I am a car guy. All cars are interesting to me. smile.gif

-- brett

(You can see my DD Is also an Audi!)

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jul 9 2010, 07:02 AM) *

I think it's a good idea, I have an Audi as a daily driver and am trying to sell a Mercedes...but I always like some good german car talk.

FYI: I feel your pain about the lack of activity with the classic Mercedes crowd. It's either new Mercedes or people with W123 300Ds

KELTY360
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 8 2010, 04:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 8 2010, 08:53 AM) *

Zach
agree.gif Put off topic in the title and post away in the garage.

agree.gif

You'll know how much interest there is in any particular car by how much action the thread gets. Or, how quickly it descends into chaos and anarchy. happy11.gif True market dynamics.
campbellcj

popcorn[1].gif Andy

FWIW I definitely agree with Andy on this one. We don't want to dilute the 914 focus and would frankly never get the traffic or content that the 'dedicated' boards get for each marque. Check out the activity on the Pelican "non-Porsche" forums as an example. There is some stuff there in certain BMW sub-forums, but mostly cricket-ville. And that is a pretty high-traffic site.
bfrymire
Understood and agree. I have taken the directive from andy to just post in the garage with the NPC header. NOt a problem. just didn't want to be posting off topic that would be more of a problem.

It was just an idea. and it could be a dead horse at this time.

-- brett

QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jul 9 2010, 10:53 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif Andy

FWIW I definitely agree with Andy on this one. We don't want to dilute the 914 focus and would frankly never get the traffic or content that the 'dedicated' boards get for each marque. Check out the activity on the Pelican "non-Porsche" forums as an example. There is some stuff there in certain BMW sub-forums, but mostly cricket-ville. And that is a pretty high-traffic site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.