Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: glove box door and vent guides
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solo1
there is so far no sense of order in which i am fixing repairing things. I climb all over the car and find ...."things" that need to be replaced or fixed.

Brakes. a chore but you guys got me thru it, tie rods? ordered, will be replaced this weekend.

The glove compartment door is hanging on by a thread and the vent guide boxes are in the glove box, what? huh? any ideas where replacements can be had? signal orange touch up paint?

WTH? in the space between the seats in that plastic platform by the seatbelt reciever on passenger side there is a toggle switch,its wired...to something. am trying to trace the wires but have no idea what it is and have never heard of it before. ejection seat? perhaps, flicked the switch with my smarty pants son in the seat sadly the seat did not eject.

Also for your enjoyment when i brought my 72 home it has a Pioneer radio with 8 track tape player in it that works. Gonna try to fire up one of my many many Bee Gees 8 tracks.....
detoxcowboy
Any used part 914 source should have them.. That toggle could be a kill switch or ?? /security
Tom_T
QUOTE(solo1 @ Jul 8 2010, 10:31 AM) *

Also for your enjoyment when i brought my 72 home it has a Pioneer radio with 8 track tape player in it that works. Gonna try to fire up one of my many many Bee Gees 8 tracks.....

drunk.gif "... Stayin' alive! Stayin' alive! Uhn, uhn, uhn, aaaahh! Stayin' alive!! ..."
... oh gawd, that falsetto hurts! pinch.gif

I've still got the VW/Motorola one that came in mine when I bought it used in 75, & will be putting it back in after the resto too! biggrin.gif

I have a wider variety of 8-tracks than just the BeeGee's - probably zero BG's AAMF - but doubt that they'll hold up to much if any play anymore, since the oxide & plastic tape deteriorates over time.
idea.gif ... wonder if anyone restores them with new re-recorded tapes??

BTW - I just put some sources for glovebox & vents at your other WTB post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.