Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parade 2010 - St Charles, IL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
naro914
We were at Parade for a few days up in St. Charles, and I got some pictures of a few 914's that were either in the Concours or Car Corral on Sunday. ( I know I missed at least 3 others)

The green six with the 'LAST ONE' plate is supposedly the last 914/6 ever built. He sent it to Porsche to have them completely restore it. Color was is an original paint to sample. Something odd about it....it had a steering column ignition key. Did they actually do those toward the end of the run? Custom order???

Enjoy..
Nürburg Nomad
Nice Vanity Plate on the Cream Sicle! biggrin.gif
naro914
Sorry, my Internet just when down. Typing this on my iPhone. Will post the rest when it's back up.
Gustl
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 8 2010, 08:08 PM) *

Something odd about it....it had a steering column ignition key. Did they actually do those toward the end of the run?

that's absolutely correct for all MY'72 914-6 (914.2.43.0xxx) bye1.gif

Tom_T
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 8 2010, 12:08 PM) *

The green six with the 'LAST ONE' plate is supposedly the last 914/6 ever built. He sent it to Porsche to have them completely restore it. Color was is an original paint to sample. Something odd about it....it had a steering column ignition key. Did they actually do those toward the end of the run? Custom order???

Enjoy..

Thanx for the pix!

I read that the one at AA was also supposed to be the last -6, so I wonder if PAG/PCNA has ever cleared that up? confused24.gif

- or do they just flip for it!!?? biggrin.gif
naro914
OK, finally back up.
More pics
naro914
more (what Papa Smurf looked like originally!)
naro914
"The Last One"
naro914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jul 8 2010, 04:22 PM) *

QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 8 2010, 08:08 PM) *

Something odd about it....it had a steering column ignition key. Did they actually do those toward the end of the run?

that's absolutely correct for all MY'72 914-6 (914.2.43.0xxx) bye1.gif

Cool! Learn something new every day!
Inside of the "Last One"
naro914
Few more cool pics:

From out our Hotel Window

Click to view attachment

The Pikes Peak car:

Click to view attachment
rjames
He sent it to Porsche to have them completely restore it.

Wow. I wonder how much that cost.

Thanks for sharing the photos!
GeorgeRud
The Parade did have some very nice cars shown at the Concours and at the car corral. As the pictures show, it was a nice sunny day for a car-show, but it did get quite hot later in the day, and some showers were coming through later which I'm sure caused some minor panic in some of the concours car owners minds.

Either way, it was fun! Next year's PCA Parade will be in Savannah, GA.
nsr-jamie
Wow, late 72 914/6 cars had the key on the steering column, that I did not know...
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Jul 9 2010, 05:22 AM) *

Wow, late 72 914/6 cars had the key on the steering column, that I did not know...

agree.gif

You learn something new everyday...

Nice picts! Thanks Bob.
kerensky
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jul 9 2010, 04:10 AM) *
Either way, it was fun! Next year's PCA Parade will be in Savannah, GA.
Wow, I might be able to get my wife to *go* to that one. She loves Hilton Head, S.C. ...
tod914
Very nice cars. Thanks for posting.
TJB/914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 8 2010, 11:08 AM) *

We were at Parade for a few days up in St. Charles, and I got some pictures of a few 914's that were either in the Concours or Car Corral on Sunday. ( I know I missed at least 3 others)

Enjoy..

I saw Karl Schulz today (Friday) at the Ann Arbor Rolling Sculpter auto show and congratulated him on his 1st. place win in preseveration at PCA. I snapped a few photo's of him alongside his creamsycle this afternoon. Karl is a great guy & his 914 is a beauty.
BTW:The 75 orange next to Karl's car is owned by Brad Schlisher (spellling??) from Ohio. I know this car & it was probably the best one, but too clean & original for it's class. I'll try to find some photo's of Brad's 914 in my archives. It's truly a class winner.

Tom
GeorgeRud
Just got back from the Final Banquet at the close of the St. Charles Parade. Truly a neat event, though very busy with all the events in a short time period.

Next year in Savannah, the year after the Parade will be in Salt Lake City.
mikelsr
My wife and I also attended Parade and got home this AM. This was our first and I won one of the door prizes at the Victory banquet (the Porsche Design duffel bag).

Here is a picture of the 914 that won TTOD:

IPB Image

And this was my favorite car there

IPB Image

Here are the rest of the pictures we took at Parade.

PCA Parade 2010

Mike
jmill
A bunch of 914's with WI plates there. Are they on this site? At times it seems like I'm the only Wisconsinite here. confused24.gif
Drums66
.....Some primo examples...thankyou! smilie_pokal.gif popcorn[1].gif
SGB
Thanks guys!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.