Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 70s Flashback
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenshapiro2002
After cleaning up "pickle", went to show her to Joe Sayre at his head shop in beautiful Fells Point here in Bawlmer...perfect backdrop for a 1970 car!
Click to view attachment
ripper911
Next time i go to the head shop I'll take a picture smoke.gif

Beautiful car, what color is that? drooley.gif
kenshapiro2002
Actual Mack Truck Green...no kidding. Just finished claying, paint cleaning, polishing and then waxing. Put about 12 hours into shining her up. Got her almost exactly a year ago and it's the first time I did anything to the finish. Since she's garage kept, some detailing spray will keep her looking good for a very long time...maybe wax once a year. Hopefully never actually get a bath.

QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 8 2010, 03:33 PM) *

Next time i go to the head shop I'll take a picture smoke.gif

Beautiful car, what color is that? drooley.gif

zymurgist
ooo, shiny!
IronHillRestorations
Good looking 914 Ken. I like green cars! The gold BBS' add some nice contrast.

Do you know how good that would look with a tan interior??

If I may suggest? Paint the jack tube covers green too.
MDG
FERG.gif

That, sir, is one helluva wax and polish!
kenshapiro2002
Why not gold?

QUOTE(9146986 @ Jul 8 2010, 08:50 PM) *

Good looking 914 Ken. I like green cars! The gold BBS' add some nice contrast.

Do you know how good that would look with a tan interior??

If I may suggest? Paint the jack tube covers green too.

[color=#006600]
kenshapiro2002
Car was painted in 1989 and sat for twenty years. I used Griots Speed Shine and clay first...then Meguiar's Paint Cleaning and then Meguiar's Polish. Then I finished it with Griot's Best of Show liquid carnuba. I know others will have different product opinions but the thing really pops!

QUOTE(MDG @ Jul 8 2010, 08:57 PM) *

FERG.gif

That, sir, is one helluva wax and polish!

IronHillRestorations
One man's gold is another man's tan? biggrin.gif Oh, yea groovy shop Joe!
Mark Henry
Hey man did you score any weed? smoke.gif
nsr-jamie
That picture is a classic!!
EdwardBlume
Nice wheels! biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Jul 8 2010, 02:24 PM) *

After cleaning up "pickle", went to show her to Joe Sayre at his head shop in beautiful Fells Point here in Bawlmer...perfect backdrop for a 1970 car!
Click to view attachment

Man that is one Bitchin' Groovy car! Very beautiful!
jaxdream
Ken , you are without a doubt , a man that loves his car . Glad to see you got a lot of the PO issues sorted out. It has to feel good knowing that your efforts has payed back with a great looking 914. Keep em rollin !!!! aktion035.gif smoke.gif

Jack / Jaxdream
Mary Shortridge
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kenshapiro2002
Can't tell you how satisfying it is knowing I did all that "hard" work. Couldn't have done it without this group. Rebuilt those webers and they run sooooo nicely. Rebuilt the front suspension and did it correctly! Ironed out all of those electrical gremlins. All of these seemed impossible, but with the encouragement of ya'll and great direction she's purring! The recent four wheel alignment (Gennady from GT Performance...fanatical IMSA 911 racer with a big team of three cars) is incredible!!! Check out his website.

QUOTE(jaxdream @ Jul 9 2010, 08:51 AM) *

Ken , you are without a doubt , a man that loves his car . Glad to see you got a lot of the PO issues sorted out. It has to feel good knowing that your efforts has payed back with a great looking 914. Keep em rollin !!!! aktion035.gif smoke.gif

Jack / Jaxdream

Drums66
Has a candy apple,jade...& emerald effect..dig it!! shades.gif
*primo* the kind
jsayre914
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jul 8 2010, 10:36 PM) *

Oh, yea groovy shop Joe!

thanks, beerchug.gif

a closer look at the windows.... smile.gif ....

...did i mention a world discount smoke.gif
zymurgist
Dave's not here man. smoke.gif
OU8AVW
It's a water pipe, you can't say "bong" here man.....
Sweet ride! I hope I see you oot and aboot hon..... biggrin.gif
ripper911
World discount! w00t2.gif

I need some new glass. elvira.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Jul 9 2010, 03:56 PM) *

Don't do bongs .... water is nasty to drink when you get thirsty but oh man does it make you forget you were thirsty in the first place. blink.gif

Pomona Valley Purple .. The One Hit Wonder! biggrin.gif

KELTY360
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 8 2010, 10:26 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I hate to toss some harsh shit, hot_shoe, but you must be young. Everybody knows you can't use bitchin' as a modifier for groovy. biggrin.gif It's one or the other. Sheesh, kids these days. poke.gif
kenshapiro2002
Like a man who knows his town. How's bout dem Os ?

QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Jul 9 2010, 06:56 PM) *

zymurgist
Yeah, how's bout dem Os, hon ? They swept the Red Sox and the Nationals. If they could do that to the Yankees, I wouldn't care about any other wins or losses for the rest of the season.

Unlikely.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 9 2010, 09:02 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 8 2010, 10:26 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I hate to toss some harsh shit, hot_shoe, but you must be young. Everybody knows you can't use bitchin' as a modifier for groovy. biggrin.gif It's one or the other. Sheesh, kids these days. poke.gif

Yup, a very young 50. I thought a 70's phrase would be fitting in a 70s flashback thread. Screw it all, pass the bon....errr water pipe. poke.gif
jt914-6
Alright boys.....back to the original thought......Here's my car at a dairy bar that dates back to the 60's.......It looks soooo small next to the full size Toyota.... smoke.gif

Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 9 2010, 05:15 PM) *

Pomona Valley Purple .. The One Hit Wonder! biggrin.gif

Many years ago a musician "friend of mine" coined the term "Brylcreem" that had the slogan "a little dab will do ya" biggrin.gif
ripper911
Here we go!
IPB Image
smoke.gif
Hammy
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jul 9 2010, 03:14 PM) *

QUOTE(9146986 @ Jul 8 2010, 10:36 PM) *

Oh, yea groovy shop Joe!

thanks, beerchug.gif

a closer look at the windows.... smile.gif ....

...did i mention a world discount smoke.gif

Dude, you can put your weed in there
ripper911
Took another pic at a head shop today, I'll post soon...
If I'm awake drunk.gif
plymouth37
Great pics! Your cars look amazing!
It really is crazy how tiny our cars are compared to the monsters that are on the streets today!
Rod
Nice one Ken...! I haven't logged onto 914 world for a while, but I remember trying to help get you through your electrical gremlins a while ago - fantastic that it's sorting itself out and my god does it look good!

Thats a lot of spit and polish!
kenshapiro2002
Yep...elec. gremlins are gone (for now, right?). Thanks for your help.

QUOTE(Rod @ Aug 9 2010, 04:31 AM) *

Nice one Ken...! I haven't logged onto 914 world for a while, but I remember trying to help get you through your electrical gremlins a while ago - fantastic that it's sorting itself out and my god does it look good!

Thats a lot of spit and polish!

Millerwelds
Ken, You must now name your car "Green Bud".
kenshapiro2002
Nah...the best buds are actually a nice reddish brown...I digress...what were you saying? smoke.gif

QUOTE(Millerwelds @ Aug 9 2010, 03:10 PM) *

Ken, You must now name your car "Green Bud".

ripper911
Or Purple wub.gif

At work, so no new head shop pic yet.
It's not as good as the last one anyway.

ripper911
IPB Image
smoke.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Jul 8 2010, 03:24 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Hey Ken,

my kids just stopped by the shop, and your picture is the screen saver on my office PC. My daughter just copied it perfectly aktion035.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Aug 27 2010, 05:30 PM) *

Hey Ken,

my kids just stopped by the shop, and your picture is the screen saver on my office PC. My daughter just copied it perfectly aktion035.gif
IPB Image

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Zach
EdwardBlume
Nice art.. I like it! agree.gif
kenshapiro2002
Honored...truly!

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Aug 27 2010, 06:30 PM) *

QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Jul 8 2010, 03:24 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Hey Ken,

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.