Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what could this be worth to somebody?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
71oneowner
Hi, i have a 71 914 and would like to know what this particular car could potentially be worth to a 914 lover. i recently acquired this 914 that had been sitting under a carport in a backwoods little town in pennsylvania since 1987. well it turns out that its a complete car that isnt rotted out all that much, is almost completely untouched has 33,575 original miles on it, is a one owner car and also has two sets of the original keys, owners manual and receipts too. i am also in the process of getting the title for it. if anybody could help me find out what this car could be worth, id appreciate it. i dont know too much about the car but id be willing to answer any questions for you the best that i can and can also get pics of it if that would help too. thanks in advance for any help you can give me
RJMII
welcome.png

Pictures would be great!

Pictures of the following areas are what helps us most:

The area under the battery tray.
The area on the other side of the engine compartment that is directly across from the battery tray.
The jack points/area behind the rocker panels
The floor of the back of the back trunk
The floor behind the seats. (you might have to lift up carpet)
the bottom of the car directly below the area I just mentioned.
The pivot point for the rear control arm.
The area where the cowl panel, the fenders and the front trunk lid all converge.

Interior pictures, VIN (does it start with 914?)

The pictures would be a GREAT place to start. smile.gif

Spoke
What part of PA are you in?
nsr-jamie
Sounds like your going to sell it right?

I think its impossible to ask how much your car is worth here with out any of us having no pictures...

Post some nice pics of it with the details and than list it in the for sale section, you could sell it there or on craigs list, or it might just end up being a parts car.

If you can post the VIN number for Andy

Don't expect to make that much money on the sale if you decide to go that way.

You could also try selling it on ebay.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jul 9 2010, 01:43 AM) *

welcome.png

Pictures would be great!

Pictures of the following areas are what helps us most:

The area under the battery tray.
The area on the other side of the engine compartment that is directly across from the battery tray.
The jack points/area behind the rocker panels
The floor of the back of the back trunk
The floor behind the seats. (you might have to lift up carpet)
the bottom of the car directly below the area I just mentioned.
The pivot point for the rear control arm.
The area where the cowl panel, the fenders and the front trunk lid all converge.

Interior pictures, VIN (does it start with 914?)

The pictures would be a GREAT place to start. smile.gif

welcome.png agree.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
dflesburg
Could be worth $100 or it could be worth $4000

or if it was a real six with really on 33000 miles on it might get close to $18000

you said "isnt rotted out all that much" which makes me think that it has way more than 33000 miles on it.

send lots of pictures and a vin number and I can give you pretty accurate fair market estimate.

Remember that since the economy has been bad for so long, even old cars aren't bringing anywhere near what they did a couple years ago.

Can't sell what nobody has money to buy.... welcome to the USSR 2.0

EdwardBlume
Look at the receipts and make sure it doesn't have a busted speedo. If it was parked since 1987 that's still 16-17 years of use.

A low mile car is worth more and more to the right person these days, but you're still likely looking at a full restoration to get it to some level of working / high resale worthy, and that may break you even unless you can do it yourself..

If your goal is to flip it quick, take a bunch of picts, understand the condition and give it a whirl...

Good luck!
SirAndy
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 9 2010, 06:09 AM) *
If your goal is to flip it quick, take a bunch of picts, understand the condition and give it a whirl...

agree.gif

A 30k car would be a find. After 16 years of use, it's more likely 130k. The speedo on those cars only goes to 99k and then rolls over.

Either way, we need some pics to figure out what you got ...
beerchug.gif Andy

PS: welcome.png
McMark
Betcha it's rusty and you just haven't found it.
orange914
unless it's a six or something out of the norm, IMHO a rust free car holds more value than a low mile 40+ year old car thats been under a car port in the seasons. they all need restored to some extent.

hopefully it's fairly rust free. pictures are good
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.