Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Car Show in Dana Point, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
The 2014 Porsche car show will be 9am at Lantern Bay Park in Dana Point, admission is free. There will be Porsche merchandise, live music, raffles, and pizes. You may display on the lawn for $20.

I posted the full text of the announcement in the events forum. Anyone in So Cal thinking of going ? The venue is pretty spectacular, here is a link from last years showing:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=96265&hl=
sean_v8_914
I waxed teh 10jereen last week...who is putting it on? PCA OCR?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jul 9 2010, 08:43 AM) *

I waxed teh 10jereen last week...who is putting it on? PCA OCR?

The announcement says the 356 Club is sponcering the event. I believe last years was a PCA event. Check my post in the Events Forum for details. It would be a fun place for 914 get together.... smile.gif
Drums66
Point Loma.....correct?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Jul 9 2010, 02:15 PM) *

Point Loma.....correct?

Says Dana Point..... smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
Point Loma would violate Jim's iron clad 40 mile rule. lol-2.gif
SLITS
Ahhhhhh .... Point Loma, Home of San Diego's finest turds (The wastetreatment plant).
'73-914kid
I might show up.. Sean, if you bring the 10jereen, you want to meet somewhere and caravan up? Gives me an excuse to clean out the 914 I guess...
jim_hoyland
Event to be held in Lantern Bay Park. Here's a link to a map of the area: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Lantern+...mp;id=265661393
'73-914kid
It was quite the event. Saw Jay Leno and had a nice relaxing cruise through the rows of cars.. 5 914's showed up on the grass throughout the morning.
Click to view attachment
sean_v8_914
saw Joe and Thomas...but no Jim
Drums66
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 9 2010, 06:49 PM) *

Ahhhhhh .... Point Loma, Home of San Diego's finest turds (The wastetreatment plant).

..Got as far as Point Loma and engine took a shit! lol laugh.gif....so did netherlands!
(world cup ruled the day......yea for Spain!!!!)
jim_hoyland
See revised 1st post for the 2014 event... smile.gif
toolguy
It's a PCA Orange County Region event with Zone 8 points. .
this Sunday June 1st 2104

excellent location, great view with over 125 car registered so far. .
Last year there was a street legal 917 that was very close to authentic
except the 911 six motor. .
I'll be there with my silver Six. . anyone that goes please stop
and introduce yourself. . .
this was last year. .
Black22
Nice park! I was married there!
boogie_man
Home court advantage, bringin my tail dragger 82 SC. See you in the a/m !!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(boogie_man @ May 31 2014, 09:06 AM) *

Home court advantage, bringin my tail dragger 82 SC. See you in the a/m !!

Have a great time, the weather is fantastic smile.gif smile.gif My 914 is experiencing a time-out; the city tore up our street for repaving. Cars inside garages are stranded until Wednesday.
Steve
I will be there, but still no 914. Maybe next year it will be back together again.
'73-914kid
I'll be there, but not in the 914. Some friends are bringing their turbo cars because of the "turbo" theme for the event, and offered me up their 993 Turbo.. Yes Please biggrin.gif
Steve
Not as good as the Phoenix club, but did I see three sixes. The green one was for sale for $78k. What a deal. There were two Bumblebees with consecutive serial numbers. Pretty cool!!
Click to view attachment

Alphaogre
QUOTE(toolguy @ May 30 2014, 05:44 PM) *

It's a PCA Orange County Region event with Zone 8 points. .
this Sunday June 1st 2104

excellent location, great view with over 125 car registered so far. .
Last year there was a street legal 917 that was very close to authentic
except the 911 six motor. .
I'll be there with my silver Six. . anyone that goes please stop
and introduce yourself. . .
this was last year. .

I saw your car here today ....it looked great, I came by it while it was being judged so I didnt want to bother. How did you do? What suspension are you running? It has a great stance! Also, I loved your steering wheel, it was a nice touch.

I'll post my pics from the day tomorrow once they are uploaded.

Larmo63
I met you early, Toolguy (David) and ogled your nice car. There were a total of 8 914s there including mine which I drove, but parked on the street because it is such a pos.
colingreene
I also made a special guest appearance. but i think only larmo saw me.
I about flipped out when the Porsche sales woman told me not to open the hood on the Maccan because I was not "trained to do so, its hard to close"
'73-914kid
It was a fun day, awesome weather in Dana Point.
The group of cars we rolled in with. Kinda bummed I didn't bring the 914, but I've never driven a turbo so... yeah. haha
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

And can't forget the dog picture... We put both Berners in the 964.. Still don't know how they both fit.
IPB Image
colingreene
I thought you were showing up in a 993?
URY914
911 car shows are SO boring....
'73-914kid
QUOTE(colingreene @ Jun 2 2014, 10:04 AM) *

I thought you were showing up in a 993?

That was the plan, but they offered my the 964 instead at the last minute.. and the dogs fit better in the 964. haha
toolguy
Great setting, primo weather- 72 with a nice ocean breeze, lots and lots of cars on display, I'd estimate 150 or so.. Met lots of interesting people and had some great conversations. . . Neatest 914's there was a man with a matched pair of Bumble Bee's. . consective numbered cars in immaculate condition. . He said he's on this site at times. . . .

Show went well for me. . missed overall best of show by 1/10 of a point . I scored 324.2 out of 325 possible. . My fault as I pulled the trans out 2 weeks ago and didn't notice when I put the CV's back on the bolts pushed some grease out the back of the trans flange when tightened, and darn that was the one spot the underside judge had decided to check on all cars. . so the car goes up today and gets a lower once over. . Next Zone 8 show is here in San Diego in 2 months and it's at a location on San Diego Bay and the Marina's. . perfect setting on the grass in a park with yachts in the background. .
Alphaogre
It had some great weather. Hopefully next year I will be able to bring my 914 to represent the teeners! allot of 356's and 912's. More then I thought there would be.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I saw this on a green 914-6 seemed high to me?
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.