Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 WCR lodging style poll
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jakeodoule
Hey everyone. I have volunteered blink.gif to sort out the Lodging for 2011 WCR.
I have a few ideas
This is just for me to get an idea of what you guys want.
I still may play the politician and do what ever the hell I want, but your opinion will not fall on deaf ears.
SirAndy
I voted "Typical Chain hotel with big parking lot ..." but i don't care about "Lots of stuff within walking distance".
As long as my hotel room is within "falling distance" from our keg, i'm happy. drunk.gif

Trying to "take over" a small place only means that if we're running out of rooms, people will get scattered all over town.
Plus, small places have small parking lots ...

IMHO, the most important criteria should be a large parking lot, preferably away from the actual hotel (think back-lot) so we can party all night without other guests calling the cops on us 5 times a night.

popcorn[1].gif Andy
JRust
I'm with Andy. As nice as it would be to own a place. There are to many who are on the fence about going with it being so far off. So many don't want to commit to a room yet. I'm good with whatever gives us our parking lot space aktion035.gif
Mike Bellis
Camp ground with cabins and RV hook up would be great for all out late night partiers. Bon Fires drinking. California allows me to tow double since my trailer is a 5th wheel. Not sure if Oregon does.

I guess I could settle for a hotel if I have to. We do need a big parking lot and an accomodating hotel owner.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jul 9 2010, 05:41 PM) *

Camp ground with cabins and RV hook up would be great for all out late night partiers. Bon Fires drinking. California allows me to tow double since my trailer is a 5th wheel. Not sure if Oregon does.

I guess I could settle for a hotel if I have to. We do need a big parking lot and an accomodating hotel owner.

Oregon semi's pull three trailers at a time. My guess would be you could double tow.
Todd Enlund
Camping style would be awesome... but I realize that it's not for everyone.
Mike Bellis
I really like the camping idea if the place has cabins for the non camper types. This year in Tahoe we spent late hours partying in the back parking lot. There is just not alot of places like that with chain hotels. A big camp fire will be nice too. If we do go this route, I'm willing to help SF Bay area people take gear up there in my trailer.
dw914er
Camping would be fun, but I concur on the large parking lots idea. It's very nice with a large group of guys in old cars to have room for jackstands wink.gif
jimtab
I like to camp where they have HBO and put a mint on the pillow.....
jim_hoyland
Camping proximity sounds good...
6freak
off the ground screened fireplace that we ould use in a parking lot ...but i do like the camping idea ...hell all the ideas are good ,the hard part is settling on one
markb
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 12 2010, 12:23 PM) *

hell all the ideas are good ,the hard part is settling on one

agree.gif
PeeGreen 914
Since I will likely bring my wife other stuff close by is a plus beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.