Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member sighting thread.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Is there a member sighting thread? Saw a black 914 a couple days ago here in Thousand Oaks and wanted to say "Cool to see you" beer.gif
racunniff
QUOTE(96740 @ Jul 9 2010, 09:16 PM) *

Is there a member sighting thread? Saw a black 914 a couple days ago here in Thousand Oaks and wanted to say "Cool to see you" beer.gif

I saw myself in the mirror before stepping into the shower this morning. barf.gif All I can say is that my wife must *really* love me to still be hanging around after all these years.
brp986s
Don't know if member or not, but saw beautiful blue teener s/b on 405 near devonshirse a week ago about 7am. Looked like non-stock color lapis blue metalic. Had clear front lenses. I was on bike in carpool lane. Too far away to give aktion035.gif
avidfanjpl
Outside of PCA OCR events.

I have only seen 1 72 914 1.7 in many years. Dark green and traveling on the 55 north near the 22 freeway.

Interesting thing was that it was in the morning commute on an overcast Wednesday back in April.

No OCR sticker. Definitely a daily driver, but a cool Bursch exhaust with a chrome tip and painted exhaust white. A standout against the lower black rear pan.

One would think in SoCal one would see more just hacking around.

John
avidfanjpl
ConeDodger
If you saw your member we don't want to hear about it... blink.gif
campbellcj
I still see teeners on the road around here once in a while. Definitely not like a few years ago. Same goes for the early 911's and even moreso for 356's. I figure they are either in garages/museums or rusted into oblivion by now.

However this reminded me that there is a red 75/76 at the gas station on PCH near Pepperdine. It's been sitting there for some time - may be for sale? If I remember next time I stop at Starbucks there, maybe I will snag the VIN for the database.
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 9 2010, 09:53 PM) *

lol-2.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 10 2010, 12:53 AM) *

This thread is Just Fine without pictures.
1968Cayman
Seen around Atlanta . . .

Click to view attachment
Project 6
MIddle of nowhere between Reno and Carson City.....saw one parked outside a real estate office. Signal Orange 71, he's in a resto mode.
I keep seeing a nice burgundy colored one around Simi Valley. Sounds like a Subi engine.

IPB Image
elmonte
Saw this one a couple of weeks ago just outside Amsterdam. Anybody here?

Click to view attachment
QUOTE(elmonte @ Jul 10 2010, 06:27 PM) *

Click to view attachment

What is that in the rear window?
buhs914
QUOTE(96740 @ Jul 10 2010, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(elmonte @ Jul 10 2010, 06:27 PM) *

Click to view attachment

What is that in the rear window?

Looks like it says " ON A MISSION"
Today in Thousand Oaks. Mall on Moorpark rd. Black with black rims.
underthetire
Today, black one sitting in driveway, Discovery Bay, outside country club.

I know the other ones, but who are you?
Lennies914
I saw a green one today getting on the 24 in Orinda. My service van couldn't catch it for a photo.
underthetire
Saw a blue one with Fuchs on the hwy4 bypass in brentwood last week.
ripper911
wow, I never see 914's sad.gif
Except mine biggrin.gif
or at AA drooley.gif
Jeffs9146

Lennie and I knocked on thier door the other day but they were not home!! sad.gif

I saw a green one today getting on the 24 in Orinda.

I saw one too last week! It was an electric one! I lost it at the West 24, 580/980 interchange when I was on my way to SF!
championgt1
I keep seeing two really nice early cars. A white one and a dark blue one around my area.

I saw rhodyguy and his wife at a farmers market on Saturday. No 914 though.
underthetire
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Aug 18 2010, 09:14 PM) *

Lennie and I knocked on thier door the other day but they were not home!! sad.gif

I saw a green one today getting on the 24 in Orinda.

I saw one too last week! It was an electric one! I lost it at the West 24, 580/980 interchange when I was on my way to SF!

If you'd get that monster -6 running you wouldn't loose him poke.gif
Jeffs9146
If you'd get that monster -6 running you wouldn't loose him

agree.gif lol Yea I guess the Jeep v8 mixed with traffic is just not nimble enough.... blink.gif Had the girlfriend with me so just trying to keep up would get me in trouble!!
DRPHIL914
Not a 914, but was interesting- a cayman race car from hilton head sc,on trailer, heading northwest on I 26, pulled by a Cayenne and followed by this yellow GTS- lots of money in cars there and a lot of HP- wish i had a better picture of all 3,
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(1968Cayman @ Jul 10 2010, 11:10 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I think i just saw this car on another thread the " show us your car" picture thread, last page-most recent posts. he says a new project.
pw
It's a Cayman? The car on the trailer looks like a 911.
Elliot Cannon
I see this one every day. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
hide.gif
Blue car. El Toro Auto X yesterday in the rain.
Buddy sent me this picture yesterday in Simi Valley on the 118.

IPB Image
Light blue 2.0 - Northbound 101 Fwy Agoura Hills-Thousand Oaks - License 6MTD208

Wife spotted it in her Cayman and gave me a call while cruising with it a ways. driving-girl.gif
hwgunner
I saw markb's yesturday! beerchug.gif
Socalandy
Today in Orange aktion035.gif
I need to get the woman a better phone. headbang.gif

IPB Image

Woodland Hills Monday.

IPB Image
Woodland Hills. Same parking lot.

IPB Image
76-914
Kinda weird. One's plate ends in 292 and the other 929. See what happens when I have free time wacko.gif
jim_hoyland
A major 914 sighting opportunity can be had this Sunday; the G & R Swapmeet in Riverside, CA always has 20+ great 914s show. smile.gif
Using Google Street View today. Ran across this one in Oxnard, CA

IPB Image
Socalandy
a few from my travels for work 1st on the I5 North in mission Viejo and the 2nd in Orange. Both really nice looking cars!!! know the owner of the first car but never seen the sweet yellow one in the parking lot
SLITS
QUOTE(1968Cayman @ Jul 10 2010, 07:10 AM) *

Click to view attachment

That ain't me, but I have one of those *&@#%$%$ stromberg.gif Shitzloms with a 2.4T MFI in it.
Evil914
QUOTE(96740 @ Jul 10 2010, 05:47 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 9 2010, 09:53 PM) *

lol-2.gif

agree.gif av-943.gif
JimN73
In San Leandro California yesterday. I came out of the produce store and it was parked near mine. It's pretty rough looking, but it runs.

I waited for a few minutes but no one returned to it. It was less than a mile from my house, so I may see it again if it's local.
jersey914
Time to put that one through Resto Class!

chowtime.gif
oldschool
So who has the white 914 in Monrovia CA. confused24.gif
On PCH yesterday.

IPB Image
MDG
Texas yesterday.

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
saw these a few days ago, out back behind the VW dealership. both are beyond repair. some 2.0 fuchs on one, and some gauges and glass, otherwise nothing worth saving - floors are gone on one of them. barf.gif

here are the Vin #'s

KELTY360
QUOTE(MDG @ Jul 18 2013, 03:03 AM) *

Texas yesterday.

Click to view attachment

Apparently the owner doesn't understand.....there is no cure!
nathansnathan
Here's my collection of "914 spotting" pics biggrin.gif
IPB Image

IPB Image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.