Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Surfs Up!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TimT
found this on another site

Big Waves

this is some scary shiet

Largest waves I ever experienced were in the 16-20 foot range returning from a canyon fishing trip.....
VegasRacer
Big boat + big waves = scary.
Little board + big shark = stupid.
vortrex
surfer in hawaii got eaten today.

big waves like that, boat or not, scares me to death.

I cannot believe people surf things that size, insane.
Dr Evil
Thats a dolphin. At least I have to tell myself that.....Thanks for the nightmares.
East coaster
Killer wave pics.......This was what I was trying to visualize when I read "The Perfect Storm", (good book, shitty movie!).

I've seen that shark in the wave pic a bunch of places and if you look at the tail it seems like it has a horizontal tail (dolphin). The dolphins come in and play in the waves like that with us here in the summer. It's so cool to look over while riding a wave and see their big staring at ya!
seanery
Dr. Evil, aren't there white sharks in SoCal? I think I remember hearing that when I lived there.
TimT
This was what I was trying to visualize when I read "The Perfect Storm", (good book, shitty movie!).

The Perfect Storm was an amazing book, I read it in one sitting, then again I did a fair share of that type of fishing so the story hit close to home....

I still have friends that go out on the water for or month or so
dinomium
Fear not, that IS a dolphin... look at the tail. Horizontal. Sharks are vertical...
TimT
That could be a killer whale perhaps? Orca!!

that shadow looks mighty big for a dolphin
dinomium
naw, the dorsal fin is too small for an Orca... The water is play WITH your MIND!!
ohmy.gif laugh.gif
TimT
actually looking closely "photoshop" come to mind...
dinomium
Kurt Jones says no... He was the foto taker:
http://www.kurtjones.com/main.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.