Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring of oil cooler fan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tradisrad
I've installed my oil cooler and am now hooking up the fan. I'd like to pull the fan's power from the relay board. I have drawn lines on the picture below to show how I want to wire it. I will be using the "spare" fuse on the relay board and pin 9 on the engine compartment wiring connector. I looks like nothing uses this fuse on the relay board. The power for this fuse appears to come from the hot side of fuse 8 (under the dash) and is hot with the ignition "on" (tested).
Does anyone see fault with my plan?
thanks
-Rob
btw I will update the oil cooler thread I started with pictures of my cooler install.
Click to view attachment
underthetire
That would be a big yes. You could use that to trigger a relay, but I wouldn't pull that much current from up front. These cars seem a little short on available current through the stock harness.
jim_hoyland
If you dont have rear window defrost, use the window defrost relay: the two post ( see diagram where green wire and yell/red wire exit top of your diagram) at the front of the board make an ideal place to wire the fan. One post will be switched 12v from either a switch or thermostat, the other post will be 12v to the fan. That way, you get the benifit of the fuse and the relay.
tradisrad
I wired my fan. I used the spare fuse pin 9 on the relay board to turn on a relay and I pulled the 12v for the fan with a fused connection from the battery which hooks to the thermostat controll.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.