Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wiring help needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gigamight
Sorry for no pics, I just moved and my camera is still in a box somewhere.

I am installing a new(er) harness that I got out of another car. I had to cut one connection when I removed it, due to damage to the donor, and I think I might be missing something now. I snipped the connection for the passenger side signals, and now I am installing the harness and I am only finding 3 wires for the signals.

I have a black, a brown, and a gray/red stripe.

What am I missing, and how can I fix this?
Gigamight
If it helps, I am not installing side markers.

(this is what I get for waiting a couple months to reinstall the harness. Something tells me there will be more questions like this. headbang.gif )
SLITS
From a '73 wiring diagram: Grey/red to terminal 58, Black / green to terminal 49R. Brown to other side of 49R (probably marked 31).

Passenger side has two Grey/Red at terminal 58 ... One from fuse 6, other to right side marker.

That's it.
Gigamight
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 10 2010, 02:09 PM) *

From a '73 wiring diagram: Grey/red to terminal 58, Black / green to terminal 49R. Brown to other side of 49R (probably marked 31).

Passenger side has two Grey/Red at terminal 58 ... One from fuse 6, other to right side marker.

That's it.

So I'm not missing any wires? ok, cool, thanks slits.
Gigamight
Ok, I searched for the wiring diagram that you are talking about, I think I found it, but does anyone out there have a picture of the front markers wired up? I'm not sure what wire goes where from the diagram. (unless there are markings on the housing, I'll go check that now.)
Gigamight
ok, so the back of my signal housings have 3 spades, marked 31, 57, and BL........

I'm sorry if I'm just being slow guys.
Gigamight
Looks like this post would have helped if the picture was not removed from the server sometime between now and 2004 sad.gif
Mike Bellis
Three terminals. One is grounded to the housing, brown wire. the other two are the light filiments. plug them on. Turn on the headlights and the signals at the same time. Can you see the light flashing? If not reverse the two terminals and try again. The turn signal has to be the brighter of the two filiments.
Gigamight
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jul 10 2010, 02:56 PM) *

Three terminals. One is grounded to the housing, brown wire. the other two are the light filiments. plug them on. Turn on the headlights and the signals at the same time. Can you see the light flashing? If not reverse the two terminals and try again. The turn signal has to be the brighter of the two filiments.

Ok, that seems logical enough, thanks. Problem is, I am kind of putting the cart before the horse here, I am rewiring starting at the front, nothing else is wired up yet past the front wheels. I will save this then and try that when I have power running through her.

Thanks again
JeffBowlsby
biggrin.gif

From here: http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm

Gigamight
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 10 2010, 03:10 PM) *

YES piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Thank you very much, and I have just bookmarked that page. You have an abundance of extremely useful info in there, thank you for sharing it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.