Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Target Practice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1968Cayman
I pulled my car from a field about three months ago and have yet to post any progress pics but this is one I thought you all would like to see. My car had been sitting next to this one for several years but luckily only suffered a ricochet off the targa top. This blue car was originally taken out of a chicken coop; the front trunk is full of chicken and rat poo and the hell hole is long gone. I'll try to remember to get the VIN for the hall of records next time I'm in south Alabama.

I am not responsible for the holes in this car but may have been seen near it with an AK-47.

Click to view attachment

More pics to come.
buhs914
Such a sad sight...
1968Cayman
I seriously considered trying to nab this car as well but it's really, really bad. And I've gone as far as cutting a car in half to save it but this one . . . geesh . . .
1968Cayman
Not for the faint of heart . . . but it's great imagery!!
1968Cayman
Here's the car from afar. The beige car is the one I nabbed- about two years too late, as some rust had started to make its way through the metal in spots, but it's not as bad as my '68 911 was or some cars I've seen around here. It was sandblasted, primed and left out in the field for 5-6 years.

I plan to start a thread on my 914 build as soon as the engine cradle is finished.
rick 918-S
Looks like original Riviara's on there yet and they missed the running light and fog light lense.
Tom_T
Well, I guess that's one way to lighten-up a 914! biggrin.gif
bandjoey
How's the sail trim???
Look at all of the good parts. laugh.gif
corsepervita
That'll buff out.
watsonrx13
Very sad... another Ravenna Green car gone...sad.gif

BTW, if you go back, can you get the clip that I have circled and mail it to me? smile.gif

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
balljoint
Those are speed holes. smile.gif
1968Cayman
Most of the small pieces that you'd think would be safe from lead were somehow involved in the mayhem. When I picked up the other car I pulled a few pieces off but most trim pieces and even the gauges had holes or distortion from being hit.

I'll grab the clip next time I'm there; labor costs and shipping fees from south AL to Atlanta are gonna make it an awfully expensive part, though . . .
realred914
I'd think an AK47 would do a lot more damage than that I've done worse with a .22

But not to a porsche
SirAndy
QUOTE(1968Cayman @ Jul 10 2010, 09:08 PM) *
I'll try to remember to get the VIN for the hall of records next time I'm in south Alabama.

beerchug.gif
buhs914
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jul 11 2010, 06:23 AM) *

Very sad... another Ravenna Green car gone...sad.gif

BTW, if you go back, can you get the clip that I have circled and mail it to me? smile.gif

Click to view attachment

-- Rob

I think that Ravenna Green you speak of is moss.. or something similar to it..
Zimms
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jul 11 2010, 09:36 AM) *

Those are speed holes. smile.gif

loved that episode!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.