Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cam bearing material
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
realred914
failed cam bearings, , does any one have info on the best cam bearings? mine came apart , the coating layer seprated and was found in teh oil, after engien pulled apartt eh cam bearings were found to be bad, have heard of some bad ones before, has anyone the name of the best cam bearings? or a brand to avoid?

thanks
BigD9146gt
Glycol is a OEM Porsche bearing supplier, never had a problem in any of my motors... 4 or 6
Mark Henry
Seen this many times on original bearings, after 40 years they start to delaminate.

Don our cars are aircooled wink.gif

It's Glyco....not glycol:)

BigD9146gt
Woops, thanks for the correction Mark smile.gif

I never had any problems either...after 40 years, I would hope I would have driven it enough to warrant a rebuild, or would freshen it up to keep it a happy motor. No garage queens here!
ME733
QUOTE(realred914 @ Jul 11 2010, 02:35 PM) *

failed cam bearings, , does any one have info on the best cam bearings? mine came apart , the coating layer seprated and was found in teh oil, after engien pulled apartt eh cam bearings were found to be bad, have heard of some bad ones before, has anyone the name of the best cam bearings? or a brand to avoid?

thanks

....................It would be helpful if additional information was available, such as 1. how many miles were on the engine. 2. if/ or when it was rebuilt was it TOTALLY rebuilt or did it just have a top end job. 3. Did you ever run low on oil.?.4. what do the ROD bearings look like?, are they also scored or flaking bearing material?.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.