hot_shoe914
blink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbUndDzqJX4
stepuptotheMike
come on..... the eyebrows will grow back biggrin.gif
jcambo7
What an idiot! Looks like he was spraying starter fluid? blink.gif
Zardozz
take off air filter, open butterflies, spray ether, get in car, start car. IN THAT ORDER.
Teknon
Running too lean? idea.gif
corsepervita
hahahahaha this happened on a 924 once with me and a friend. He took the exhaust off and went to start the car. i said "I don't think that's gonna work buddy...." low and behold I crank it over and he sprays starter fluid down the intake to see if it'll turn over, POOF big flame comes back and sprays him in the face. Scared the holy hell out of him. I said "SEE, put the exhaust back on."

Highly entertaining.
Elliot Cannon
I'm glad they could make light of this but many people when startled like that immediately do a sharp intake of breath. If you inhale the flame your a gonner.
Sparky
I recognize at least one of the people in that video and I know he's on Rennlist but not sure about here.

I use ether in my potato cannon, but hair spray works best.
Cap'n Krusty
Only a fool would use ether based starting fluid on a gasoline engine. It's OK for diesels, but never gas engines.

The Cap'n
Root_Werks
av-943.gif

DOH!

av-943.gif
EdwardBlume
If the flame is blue will that kill you too, or will it just smell?
realred914
I got a good deal on my 356 when I went to buy it, the car sat for three years, seller was pouring a little cas out of an open can to prime the motor while I cranked, I warned him of back fire and to stay clear. we tried several times, the motr starting to run fuel line from tank was clogged, hence we wanted to see if shed run on the prime.

soon after cranbking it and getting it to start, I see an orange glow on the dash, I look in the mirror and see flames, i get out and the seller is in the street on fire, pants on fire!!! he is running around fanning the flames, ouch , screaming on what to do,

After some couching to get down and roll, he finaly does (he was in a panac, and latter told me he knows what to do, but forgot in the panic!)

he jumped when the car backfired, and dumped the open can of gas on himself, and it cuaght fire! the fire melted some of the cars paint (it was in primer, no big deal) but he got ssome nice blisters on his legs, he felt no pain at first, and but ended up going to the hospital. he survived ok, and I got the car for a fire sale price!

gasoline is dangerous too.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 12 2010, 10:16 AM) *

Only a fool would use ether based starting fluid on a gasoline engine. It's OK for diesels, but never gas engines.

Why is that?

The Fool
VaccaRabite
on 2 stroke motors, Ether does not have any of the lubricants that are needed and mixed in the fuel. Its really rough on 2 stroke motors.

on 4 stroke motors, a little won't hurt anything. Too much might blow up the air intake, crack a head or bend a con rod.

Zach
realred914
ether is sold for starting gas engines, but you need to use caution and sense to not get hurt or bust up the car. A little goes a long way is rule number one. memorize that rule and things will oft be fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.