Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PORSCHE 914, a mans best friend!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914xprs
drunk.gif it seems as though this recession is getting worse and times have definately changed for me. last year i had to sell my 71 914 as work slowed down. i think it is very upsetting to have to part with a car that has changed the way i live completely, but i have only started with my 914 affair. 3 years into it and i now have friends in germany, france,finland, austrailia, and here as well. i have made some real good friends in my own town because of the 914. and i mean some straight good people as i dont say friend lightly. bruce "bdstone914" stone is a great guy and has helped me on numerous occasions, sells great parts and is an honest guy to work with. mike shantz "shantzmd" build great engines that look better than new and perform as described if not better... is a very very smart guy and interesting to talk to. again a very helpful and honest guy to deal with. then there is joe "DETOXCOWBOY". just a cool dude who is building his car the way it should be done..and because of the 914 he is to me a good friend...
no, i would of never met these people without the 914 bringing us together. we are from all walks of life, have different opinions, dress different, etc... but i sit here calling these people my freinds.... and mean it.
so my topic is a little off but, what i have seen alot lately is disheartning to say the least. parts cars are becoming harder to find..i am however seeing alot of our brothers having to sell there 10 year in the making, dream 914...and loosing there house, etc...
and yes, i know it is not just the 914 comunity... alot of people are in this same situation and it is worldwide struggles. i stand to loose a little bit myself, and it stings to watch it happen... but family and friendship is what holds it all together.

just a little thanks to all my friends, my 914 brothers whether we know eachother yet or not. my name is terry burke and i am here in riverside, ca.
if you are struggling and your car does not run because of a part that you cant seem to gather the money for... let me know and i will try my best to get you the part(s) you need. we can help eachother and now feels like the time.

again, my name is Terry R Burke, nice to meet you and thank you to all my friends.
thanks again
951-2834-2111
trb porsche parts and cars drunk.gif KMA.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer.gif hissyfit.gif huh.gif idea.gif shades.gif unsure.gif slap.gif
BigDBass
beerchug.gif agree.gif
jcambo7
agree.gif also! drunk.gif
silver74insocal
piratenanner.gif great to hear from another neighbor over here in the i.e.! thanks and im definetly going to be calling you Terry! Dave
Als914
I have bought parts from Terry and I can tell you all he is as genuine as they come... a really honest guy.

Al
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.