Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BAWAAAAAAAAH!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
yikes.gif

scotty b
Well I like the orange with the black center stripe........but then there is the rest of it blink.gif
obscurity
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 11 2010, 07:32 PM) *

yikes.gif

That is something...
BKLA
To each thier own. It's still a teener!!!
jimkelly
i was like ...

something is wrong with this picture ...

oh yeah i know ...

where the hell are his jack stands ???

i guess that muffler does not neccessarily mean it has a type 4 in it?
okieflyr
I think I'd like to have the wheels, nice offset......
tradisrad
i like the way the whale tail matches his license plate
jimkelly
the whale tail is at the height that most say is needed to be efective.

clearly this guy is a believer in function OVER form : )

--

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Jul 11 2010, 05:42 PM) *

i like the way the whale tail matches his license plate

1968Cayman
I tink I just threw up in my mouth a little.

But in this person's defense, it looks like he may be experimenting with airflow to the engine bay. I hope. Otherwise, I'm gonna spend the night in front of the toilet.
Spoke
With the wheels, flares, & wing, it could be one bad-ass 914 as long as it isn't powered by a 1.7L T4.

I like the color scheme. It would be interesting to understand what the extended engine cowl does.
MDG
I might have opted for black padding on the roll cage . . . blink.gif
nsr-jamie
I think its interesting looking...probably a V8 in there I would guess, Is that on a public road?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Jul 11 2010, 05:41 PM) *

I think I'd like to have the wheels, nice offset......

It looks like a modified Sheridan body kit. If it is, the wheels have probably zero offset.
Michael N
Maybe its one of those spy photos of Porsche road testing the new 914 and they added all the extras to disguise the real shape of the car until it official press release. idea.gif
SirAndy
Judging from the air-filter peeking out of the engine bay and the cradle mount for the rear of the transmission, i'd say it's a V8 with a 930 cable shifter transmission.

The addition to the roll-bar looks like a cold air intake of sorts.

The wing is actually too low for the current setup. I would be OK without the roll-bar extension.
popcorn[1].gif Andy
IronHillRestorations
Overheating problem perhaps?? The Need For Speed spoiler (out of the airflow) with the upside down winglets is funny.
EdwardBlume
Saw it on 680 south in the car pool lane last Friday PM as well.... distinctive sail panel... Van Halen fan perhaps?
Andyrew
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 11 2010, 09:51 PM) *

Judging from the air-filter peeking out of the engine bay and the cradle mount for the rear of the transmission, i'd say it's a V8 with a 930 cable shifter transmission.

The addition to the roll-bar looks like a cold air intake of sorts.

The wing is actually too low for the current setup. I would be OK without the roll-bar extension.
popcorn[1].gif Andy

I agree.. That is a v8 conversion, sheridan body...

The only thing that looks weird is the targa, which I agree he is possibly working on airflow..

gothspeed
Those chrome license plate bolts throw the whole car off ......... lol-2.gif
Drums66
...Somebody threw some long Ducat's at that!! shades.gif
(super basterd!}
messix
blowing the picture up ..... i think that targa extension is were the rediator is mounted.
Andyrew
That would make sense, But its pretty damn odd..
There is not really enough airflow to put the radiator there.. and it doesnt look like the air is exhausted properly.

Jeff, did you pass this car in Cali? It has the Cali whale license plate..

I wonder if we have anyone who can pull up MAXPORS in the vin database?
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 12 2010, 12:50 PM) *

Jeff, did you pass this car in Cali? It has the Cali whale license plate..

I wonder if we have anyone who can pull up MAXPORS in the vin database?

Wish I could tell you more about it. These were shot on Sunday morning on the on ramp to 680 south at Mission Blvd. here in the Bay Area.

Definitely a V-8 car, older gentleman driving. He actually passsed us while going up the Sunol grade...flying up the grade....but the wife and I caught him on the down hill if you can believe that. laugh.gif

Pics courtesy of the wifes cell phone, sorry they are not better. He must be local to the east bay given that he's been spotted a couple times now here, but have not seen him before.
jcambo7
icon8.gif barf.gif
campbellcj
I wonder if the weird extensions could be for sound deflection?

The rest of the car actually looks pretty cool. Agree about the blue rollbar foam and the wing being too low for best functionality.
stephenaki
Would the grey 'scoop' on the top of the extension maybe be forcing air down into the engine bay area? I think if you got rid of the cowl extension and whale tail it would be a good looking car. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.