Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel tank sock/strainer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rotary'14
I am wondering because I am putting my fuel tank back together and I don't remember. I'd hate to order too many parts again. biggrin.gif

-Rob
BigDBass
I don't believe so. Just the bottom of the tank one. Of course, I'm usually wrong!
avidfanjpl
Just the larger line. That is the supply line going directly to the fuel pump.

Although, I found crap on the other side of the screen one time. Had to blow out all the lines with high pressure air to clear them.

It is always a good idea to spring for new nipples and washers, and maybe nuts. 1 in each size, supply and return, or make sure you have good nuts and washers. I wrapped the threads in teflon tape as well before tightening.

Make sure the threaded hole flange bottoms are absolutely flush, or a leak will develop on the nipples out of the tank. Just cost me 150 to fix the return side where the nipple was not perfectly flush with the tank threaded bottom flange.

It makes a difference if you coated the inside of the tank. The tank sealer dripped down and my bad eyesight missed the solidified drip on the return nipple flange.

Good luck!

John
jim_hoyland
Good to hear you are getting the 914 back into service. Keep us posted on the progress; I assume you are still using the Rotary.

smile.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jul 12 2010, 02:38 PM) *

I don't believe so. Just the bottom of the tank one. Of course, I'm usually wrong!

Not this time Bucko .... Strainer / Sock is only on the outlet of the tank.
Rotary'14
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 12 2010, 02:44 PM) *

Good to hear you are getting the 914 back into service. Keep us posted on the progress; I assume you are still using the Rotary.

smile.gif

Hi Jim and all

Yeah,, rotary power is it because I got all the parts already. biggrin.gif
Yes, I am slowly building up the enthusiasm and time to mess with my car. I am suffering from, "since it's out,, lets improve *** and *** and ....." syndrome. I think it's peripherally related to dirk wright disease.

That's a good pic of my baby just before she got her teeth bashed in. mad.gif
I'll really miss mobii (that car).

-Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.