Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Head light removal/Fog light bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
How is the nut held in place for the bolt that holds the fog light bracket to the body?
I think someone has changed mine in the past as one uses a bolt and the other side a allen screw. Problem is if they get loose the nut in the back is not secured or tack welded in place.
Can a person take out the pop up headlights to get acces to the nut in the back to spot weld them in place?
Tom_T
They should have the threaded nut tack welded to the backside of the body panel, but if the PO removed them, then you'll have to reach up behind the bumper & inboard of where the 2 bumper mounting bolts are located. You could re-weld the proper size up in there to make it easier in the future (they used the typical square bolt of approp. thread/diameter).

The red arrow in the pic below shows where it is on my 73 (same 70-74 & 75-76 are different).

The headlights have a welded in drain pan under them, so removing the headlights doesn't help for access to much of anything. dry.gif

Click to view attachment

popcorn[1].gif
Eric_Shea
I don't believe it's tack welded. If I recall it's a square nut sandwiched between body panels for a "float" for adjustment purposes.

Could be wrong.
EdwardBlume
If its bolted on and works OK, I'd just go back to it... then again, if there's significant rust, you may want to get in there anyway....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.