Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foot feet cable removal/lube
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
I'm wondering how big of a pain it is to take out the foot feet cable and give it some lube of some sort? It's getting to the point where it is getting jerky.

I would presume mine would be similiar to remove as I have the Subie engine installed?
McMark
blink.gif
Gint
I think he meant to stay foot feed cable which in places like Nebraska and Wyoming would mean the throttle cable.

They don't need to be lubed. If it's getting sticky it's wearing out and should be replaced. It's a pretty easy job, but you might also have a bend in the cable somewhere that accelerated the wear. You don't want any really sharp bends in the cable anywhere.
TheCabinetmaker
Nope. Foot feet (very old school). Thats what my dad called the gas pedal in the 1950's. I imagine he learned it from his dad in the 1920's. BTW, he was a cajun not Nebraskan.
Gint
Same difference. laugh.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Yeah, but foot feed sounds like something I don't want in my mouth!
McMark
Learn something new every day. I doubt it will become part of my vocabulary though.
markb
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 13 2010, 11:04 AM) *

Learn something new every day. I doubt it will become part of my vocabulary though.

agree.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Well it is a lot easier to say than accelerator pedal! LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.