Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help selecting paint color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
So my track car is ready to be painted! I want it to look like bare/polished metal/aluminum, short of clear coating the bare metal. Any ideas from the hot rod world? I'd do it epoxy prime and be happy with it but there is only black, white, yella. Can these be tinted? This is not a concour car, but I'd like it to be decent. Maaco says $400 and my car is a rolling shell. Door jambs extra.
Tom_T
Try their polyurethane with clear coat in the brightest silver with the smallest/finest metallic flecks possible, so it has that polished metal look, which the clear coat will give it the clear over metal shine (not the same with their integral clear). Polyurethane will also stand up better & be more resilient to track debris, etc.

It will cost you more than the $400 quote - maybe $6-700 ("Supreme" or something like that name they gave the top one), but you can get $200+/- off with their weekly Pennysaver coupons &/or summer paint sale on now.

Be careful, as all MAACOs are NOT equal, as I discovered on our DD BMW vs. Honda - where the former was a total crap paint job with air filter debris embedded in the paint!
Krieger
Thanks Tom.
I wonder if polyeurethane is still legal for sale in CA?
Krieger
Any mo?
tod914
My neighbor recently had 2 of their vehicles done by Maaco. The single stage which was cheaper, turned out way better. Looks very good for what they paid. The 2 stage car, had clear coat issues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.