Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
On my 75, it has the round fog lights.

Originally, how were the nuts fastened on the back side under the headlamp?
Can a person remove the headlamp assembly to gain acces to the nuts underneath?
DanT
does your car have backdated bumpers...a '75 had big bumpers and rectangular fog lights
jcambo7
QUOTE(DanT @ Jul 13 2010, 10:22 PM) *

does your car have backdated bumpers...a '75 had big bumpers and rectangular fog lights

agree.gif Sounds like you have back dated bumpers. Put some pics up!
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
partwerks
It doesn't have the 75, 76 bumpers.
In the past, somebody mickey moused with it and a bolt head on one side and a allen screw on the other. I think I need to start over with different bolts that give me access for tightening from the front.

Maybe I should just get the bracket set where I want it and spot weld it from the front and be done with it................

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Should we combine the threads? biggrin.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=108956

If it's a backdated car you may have issues. Ask CCL he's done a few I believe.

Wasn't that car stolen?
partwerks
This is the 3.6's replacement from back when I had it stolen. It had the 2.7 and a year later replaced it with the WRX. Definite improvement.

I never did hear what he did with it. I presume chopped it up, but the dummy left the vin tag lay around his house for the cops to find and ended up in jail for it.

The person whom owned this car just took it to car shows. He died from a brain tumor and lung cancer. I got it for $13,000.00

I put in aircraft landing lights in the foglight housing and what a difference.
Eric_Shea

Ya think!? av-943.gif

I'll bet it lights up the night.

Looks very nice. wub.gif I like the wheel tire combo. What are you using in the rear? It looks "correct" and not too much.
Tom_T
QUOTE(partwerks @ Jul 13 2010, 08:49 PM) *

DaNG - i THOuGHT i SAW aN very_first_smiley[1].gif SHIP!!!!
blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

As I said on your 1st topic on this, I still don't think that taking out the headlights will give you access, but it looks like the backdated bumper should be close enough to what I showed in the pic of my 73, to be able to reach it from the wheel wells &/or underneath &/or inside the front trunk - so long as the old 75 bumper shock bracing isn't in the way. shades.gif
partwerks
Click to view attachment

Here is the picture of a square tubing that has an angle cut on it and bolted on.
I'm not sure what that is all about?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.