Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Chrome front bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mid-Engined Dave
Anyone have a decent chrome front bumper for sale? Prefer to pick up within Texas. Dave
hopkins1996@gmail.com
jk76.914
I have one, but I'd have to ship it. You can have it for $125 plus shipping. I guess shipping to be $30-$50 maybe. It is NOT a concours quality bumper, but it is sound and with minimum rust. I put it on my '76 when I did my conversion in 2003, and drove it until I found a better one at a good price, which I just did.

Problems- dimples under the license plate bracket, where someone over-tightened too long screws. It's completely hidden if you use a front plate.

Also, flange around passenger side grill is warped (best way to describe it). Not apparent with the grill installed. You can see from the photo that it's not apparent.

Also, chrome is probably perfect at 5'-6'. Closer will reveal some imperfections, but no breaks or rust.

I can take some closer photos this weekend of the flaws, if you're interested. It's a real nice bumper for the '75-'76 conversion of a driver. Could be stripped, fixed, and replated to excellent down the road... or replaced, like I did... or kept as is.

Rubber top NOT included. Foglight/horn grills NOT included. Front plate bracket NOT included. I will include two dogbones and four stainless bolts for mounting though.

Let me know if you're interested. Photo below.

Jim

Click to view attachment
Mid-Engined Dave
Thanks Jim,

I will be running without a front plate, so if you could post some detail pics I would appreciate it.

Dave
jk76.914
QUOTE(Mid-Engined Dave @ Jul 16 2010, 05:02 PM) *

Thanks Jim,

I will be running without a front plate, so if you could post some detail pics I would appreciate it.

Dave

Here are the pics, all taken tonight. More in a subdequent post...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
You can put chrome plugs in the plate holes dave.
jk76.914
dimples above license area-
Click to view attachment
small crease near right grill (I called it a "warp" before)
Click to view attachment
same area with grill in place. See also pics of bumber on car...
Click to view attachment
light surface rust on backside-
Click to view attachment
This bumper looks fine on a driver (see pics) or a recent conversion to save some bucks until the "right" one comes along. That's what I did. Looking for $125 plus shipping. If you decide to upgrade later (you may not, once you see it on the car), you'll get that back in a resell.

Jim
jeeperjohn56
QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Jul 17 2010, 05:43 PM) *

Thanks Jim,

Dave

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Hey Jim, If Dave passes on your bumper, will you take $100 plus s/h. I'll take it for a $100. John
Mid-Engined Dave
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Jul 18 2010, 12:19 AM) *

QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Jul 17 2010, 05:43 PM) *

Thanks Jim,

Dave

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Hey Jim, If Dave passes on your bumper, will you take $100 plus s/h. I'll take it for a $100. John

Thanks for the offer Jim, but I'm going to hold our for one a little closer to home.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.