Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to the world
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
muncokiho
Hey 914 world,

My name is cole and i am getting my first 914. I am getting a 74 2.0L. I have been a porsche freak my whole life and have had several different models from the original 356's to the newer 911. I was wondering what kind of easy modifications can be made to make them more powerful and sound meaner. Any advice to a new comer to this world would be great.

Thanks
zymurgist
welcome.png

What does your car have, fuel injection or carbs? If carbs, you can replace the stock FI Cam... although that's not exactly an "easy" modification...
mepstein
Call Jake Raby, send him money, he send back more powerful engine - easy.
Kalva
I agree with mepstein or Get a 3.2
zymurgist
haha, a 3.2 isn't easy. Unless you have the money to pay someone else to do the conversion, that is.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 14 2010, 12:23 PM) *

agree.gif welcome.png
Tom_T
welcome.png

agree.gif .... from mild with McMark for a 2056 - to wild with Raby 2270 & up!

Heck - even higher compression Euro 2.0 P/C's adds 5-9 hp with stock D-jet (91/95 > 100 hp)!
benalishhero
If your motor is stock and you are running carbs EFI is a nice upgrade.
markb
welcome.png
race914
QUOTE(muncokiho @ Jul 14 2010, 09:59 AM) *

Hey 914 world,

My name is cole and i am getting my first 914. I am getting a 74 2.0L. I have been a porsche freak my whole life and have had several different models from the original 356's to the newer 911. I was wondering what kind of easy modifications can be made to make them more powerful and sound meaner. Any advice to a new comer to this world would be great.

Thanks

welcome.png

Hi Cole,

If your 2.0 is stock, an easy first step to increase performance and improve the sound is to put on an K&N air filter, along with a bursch exhaust.

IPB Image

If your budget allows, instead of the bursch, install a set of Tangerine Racing Headers
IPB Image

and silencer

IPB Image

Opening up the intake & exhaust flow will help a lot and isn't too hard a 1st step.

Good luck on your project!
Lennies914
welcome.png
Looking forward to seeing pitures.
If it's a runner now, decide what direction you're going to go, a motor or add-ons, start spending money on parts and drive the heck out of it until you're ready to park it for mods. driving.gif
Tom
My advice to a first time owner of a 914 is, learn to use the car's excellent handling before spending money on more power. Once you have learned the limits of a stock 914, spend money on better suspension components, then better braking. last spend money on more power. A stock powered 914 with good handling is a formidable car on a curvy road.
And welcome.png
Tom
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 14 2010, 09:48 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 14 2010, 12:23 PM) *

agree.gif welcome.png

agree.gif agree.gif
welcome.png
championgt1
QUOTE(Tom @ Jul 14 2010, 06:46 PM) *

My advice to a first time owner of a 914 is, learn to use the car's excellent handling before spending money on more power. Once you have learned the limits of a stock 914, spend money on better suspension components, then better braking. last spend money on more power. A stock powered 914 with good handling is a formidable car on a curvy road.
And welcome.png
Tom

agree.gif Very well said!
silver74insocal
welcome.png check out the hell hole and longs. search this site for a 914 buying guide to see what to look for. mods wont be very satisfying if your car is folding itself in half. beerchug.gif good luck and welcome to the madness, Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.