Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ADJUSTMENT BOLT/SCREW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lagunero
I need to get an alignment, so I need to lower the car before I do that. How much can I "unscrew or loosen" the adjuster bolt? And does this affect the rear of the car's levelness? The back still sags to the right. I have replaced shocks (F/B) and springs.

I don't know how I put that smiley, I meant front and back
Andyrew
If the car sags after putting new shocks, it could be alighnment like you probably suspect. Or it could be the trailing arm bent, or a suspension point rusted, ext..

Lowering the car.. basically you can lower it as much as you want while takeing the torsion bar and turning it notches to lower it extra amounts.. But you have a point where you have probably heard "bump steer" and thats when you have too much strain on the T bars, and you either need a "bump-steer" kit or you need to raise the spindles on the struts.. Basically I think like 2 inches are good, to answer your question.. but I dont know exactly. I think all the way in to all the way out on the adjustment screw might be 2 inches, but I havent measured it..

Hope this helps

Andrew
lagunero
Thanks Andyrew, your info does help and raises more questions. I did add the bump kit. I loosen until I achieved the stance I wanted, but that's when I noticed the right rear a bit lower then before. Unfortunately I also had just installed new tires (on same rims) but 55 instead of the 50 I was running and now to seems a bit hard to determine the factor. I've long suspected the problems you mentioned but was hopeful my replacements would cure this. I don't want to start tearing apart the back of the car but if I can't diagnose any other way, I guess I'm in for a surprise.

I'd have to put this back together before the end of this month so I can register for the WCC and my weekend honeydo list is killing my weekends sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.