Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 1.7L SOLD!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
buhs914
Well the time for me to sell my car has come. sad.gif I've been putting it off for too long thinking i could keep this car and restore it but I cannot with my current financial situation (due to my status as a broke college student). It's a 1973 1.7L with a weber progressive.. It runs and drives just fine. I bought it in New Mexico a few years ago and drove it to Buckeye, AZ without any issues. It has also made many trips to Tucson and back. I used it as my DD ever since. Until I started doing repairs 7 months ago. I fixed a good amount of the oil leaks it had and redid the entire ignition system from the keys to the plugs. I am also in the process of replacing the windshield and the shift shaft seal on the tranny. It is electrically sound and it seems mechanically sound as well. The only issue is the body work (and it could use a new paint job). The longs are a bit rusty but there is no sag in the doors so it's not too terrible. I also discovered and cleaned up the rust in the windshield channel. The hell hole is fairly solid (the PO redid it). The interior is decent but could use a new carpet kit. I'm looking at selling it for $3000 $2800 OBO.. I could also take a trade for something Euro or American.. Feel free to ask for more pics!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
(stereo has been upgraded since this pic)
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
buhs914
Engine

Click to view attachment
buhs914
Click to view attachment
buhs914
Click to view attachment
buhs914
Click to view attachment
buhs914
The usual problem areas

Click to view attachment
buhs914
oops pushed the button twice
buhs914
hell hole with lots of Por-15 haha
Click to view attachment

buhs914
Battery tray (solid)

Click to view attachment
buhs914
Solid battery tray in action
Click to view attachment
buhs914
Rusty Stuff
(Driver's Long)
Click to view attachment
buhs914
Passenger's Long Pt 1
Click to view attachment
buhs914
Passenger's Long Pt 2
Click to view attachment
buhs914
Passenger's Long Pt 3
Click to view attachment
buhs914
Body Damage
Click to view attachment

buhs914
Body Damage
Click to view attachment
jonferns
Car looks good man, good luck with the sale. Hope you're back in a teener soon!
buhs914
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Jul 16 2010, 08:28 AM) *

Car looks good man, good luck with the sale. Hope you're back in a teener soon!

Thanks a lot! piratenanner.gif
moralem
Being new to this forum, i gotta say the amount of rust that is considered normal is beyond my comprehension, but I keep lookng for a decent car to get started with.
buhs914
QUOTE(moralem @ Jul 16 2010, 07:20 PM) *

Being new to this forum, i gotta say the amount of rust that is considered normal is beyond my comprehension, but I keep lookng for a decent car to get started with.

Yeah almost all of these cars have some sort of rust.. It's hard to find one that doesn't (unless it's been derusted).. haha
buhs914
icon_bump.gif Need to sell soon! It's a drivable project that needs someone who can fix her up!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.